Sunday, August 25, 2019

August Rudolph Day


Oh my goodness, it's been a YEAR since I put up a Rudolph Day post!

What's Rudolph Day? Here is the definition according to Organized Christmas:
A few years ago, members of our Christmas community began to observe "Rudolph Day" on the 25th of each month.
On that day, we take a few moments to plan some simple tasks for the month ahead, in order to get ready for Christmas Day with plenty of time to spare. By starting early--and working a bit at a time on each month's Rudolph Day--it's easy to prepare for Christmas, save money on gifts, and cut holiday stress.
Here's the annual line-up with the sub-theme in parentheses:

January - Tie Up Loose Ends (gather ideas and organize your Christmas notebook)
February - Begin a Holiday Letter
March - Birthday Gift-Buying Strategy (party planning for the holiday season)
April - Plan Holiday Crafts 
May - Catalog Shopping Tips
June - Recipe Round Up
July - Choose a Holiday Plan (Christmas in July celebration)
August - Craft Control (thinking ahead to Elf on the Shelf)
September - Prepare for Holiday Gifts and Giving
October - Plan Holiday Meals
November - Write Holiday Letter

The bottom line is...prepare for Christmas by doing something every month and make the 25th of each month a Rudolph Day by doing something Christmas-y!  This month, it's time for some craft control - get those supplies organized and ready for any craft projects you plan to complete before Christmas.  For those of you who have fun with the little guy or gal in the red suit, it's time to think about what mischief he or she will get up to in December.

This has to be one of my favorites from our Elf in the Shelf days:


Here's another reminder about the holiday plans and links to each one - the two big ones are just a week away:

Holiday Grand Plan (starts Sunday, September 1)

House & Holidays Plan (also starts Sunday, September 1)

Christmas Countdown (starts Sunday, October 27)

I spent the day getting my Christmas planner organized with the printables for the House & Holidays Plan and added the Christmas Countdown sheets in there as well to be ahead of the game.  This month's movie was Love the Coopers, it was open in the DVD closet but I don't remember ever watching it before.  It was ok, won't make my top ten but it had a cute ending.


Here's a sneak peak at my planner - I've been meaning to put up a Christmas planner organization post, it's coming soon.


I love my Christmas planner clips from Cherry Blossom in the Market Square on Etsy.


That's me!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of a Rudolph Day, Pamela. I usually try to go shopping for Christmassy things right after Christmas for the following year, as that's when things go on clearance. I also try to buy gifts throughout the year so I always have something available for special occasions. Hopefully one day we'll get to do Elf on the Shelf, will have to wait and see. Happy planning.

    ReplyDelete