Tuesday, August 27, 2019

What's Up Wednesday - August 2019



It's time to wrap up August!

What We're Eating This Week //  Vic's eating something with rice or noodles and I'm trying to stay on track with the Whole 30.  Here are some of our favorites when we're together.





What I'm Reminiscing About //  The last time I participated in What's Up Wednesday was in May 2018 - we were beginning the house hunting journey in Washington and looking forward to being close to Sophia again.  It would also have been Dad's 89th birthday in June so this year he would have been 90.  Hard to believe he has been gone for ten years, and Mum for sixteen.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about them and wish I could talk to them again.

What I'm Loving //  As Ned Stark would say, sort of, Autumn is coming!  As the seasons change, I really miss New England.


What We've Been Up To //  Living life on both sides of the Pacific!

What I'm Dreading //  I'm swapping cars with Sophia this weekend so that I can find peace with her driving back and forth 30 minutes each day on the freeway as she begins her student teaching.  I have to admit I'm dreading swapping my higher off the ground SUV for her little Flintstone car but knowing that she will have a reliable vehicle is worth it.



What I'm Working On //  Gearing up for the release of Ali Edwards' December Daily products and deciding what approach I will take since it's another non-traditional holiday year.  I doubt we will all be together until December 23 so I need to decide what stories I will tell for the first 22 days of December.

What I'm Excited About //  It's time to decorate for autumn!  I love all the colors of the season.


Time to decide which decorations (shown here in our Rhode Island house in 2011) we will keep and which will be decluttered

What I'm Watching/Reading //  I'm watching The Good Witch from my Amazon Prime Library, the original movies, and reading the Sisterchicks series by Robin Jones Gunn again - I finished Sisterchicks Go Brit and now I'm onto Sisterchicks on the Loose.

What I'm Listening To //  Endless on-hold music as I try to sort out a return and exchange that keeps going horribly wrong.  

What I'm Wearing //  Shoes with closed-toes - flip-flop season is just about over.

What I'm Doing This Weekend //  See What I'm Excited About...decorating tubs are in the house and waiting to be unpacked!

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month //  December Daily products and classes release, hearing all about Sophia's student teaching experience, and I'm one month closer to seeing Vic!

What Else is New //  The longer I live in our new house, the more I am seeing things that work and things that don't work.  I'm thrilled with our new Levolor Sheer Shadings blinds in the living room and would love to have them all through the house.  I keep coming up with a new idea for the kitchen remodel (so it's a good thing I can't run out and schedule it tomorrow!), and The Container Store design department is amazing at coming up with a system for a couple of challenging closets and other storage areas.  It's a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, Pamela. It's like sitting down for a chat with you. I'm even sipping on my morning tea as I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice that your switching cars with S for her safe commute. I'm looking forward to fall too.

    ReplyDelete