Friday, August 2, 2019

Monthly Goals - August 2019


I haven't done a monthly goals post in over a year so I'm dedicating the first Saturday of each month to setting some goals.  They are pretty much the same goals I had last year, I just need to work a little harder to accomplish them consistently.

1.  Lose five pounds.

2.  Read for at least thirty minutes each day.  Dedicate the same time slot each day as much as possible.  Reading on the bus ride home is doable.

3.  Blog every day Monday through Saturday.

4.  Take at least one photo each day.

5.  Unpack at least three totes each week and be RUTHLESS in deciding what stays and what goes.  If we don't plan to use it, don't need it, there's not much point taking up closet space storing it.  Sure there are some things that I just can't bear to part with for sentimental reasons, but I have to be reasonable about how many of these things I keep.  I lived without most of our things for over six months and was embracing the minimalist lifestyle, now I need to continue in that mindset.

I said to Vic, "This house is too small", but on second thought I said, "This house is the perfect size, we just have TOO.MUCH.STUFF".

Next month I hope to say:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I know just what you mean about too much stuff. I announced this summer that the motto for the rest of this year is "Touch Everything in the House". I need to be ruthless too about what stays and what goes. When I come across something I don't want/need/use/like anymore I take a photo of it and text it to the women in my family. If no one wants it, it goes into the Goodwill box. Easier said than done on some items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO blind to clutter. And when I do notice it, I pull a Scarlett O'Hara (I'll think about it tomorrow.) I may need professional help...either an organizer or a therapist. LOL

    ReplyDelete