Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thankful Thursday #232


I'm joining Rebecca Jo of Knit by God's Hand in her weekly feature, Thankful Thursday.  Click on the picture above to read her post and see who's linking up this week.

What am I thankful for this week?

Friends...they may be spread far and wide and some I've never met in person but the camaraderie I have with my fellow Christmas-lovers on the Magical Holiday Home Forums, my friends from California, Saipan, Florida, Illinois, Virginia and Rhode Island, my international friends from England, the Canary Islands, Canada, and Australia (all who are, thank goodness, on Facebook now), my co-workers, and my MilSpouse friends keeps me motivated, encouraged, and sane!  They are a phone call or a text or a FaceTime call away and even with my crazy busy schedule right now, I know that they are my support network.  Living this life with Vic halfway around the world is a challenge but I can do this with the help of my friends.


Vic and Sophia...we may be in three different places but with the wonders of today's technology, we can be connected instantly.  I am looking forward to the time when we will all be under the same roof for the holidays and what a celebration that will be.


Spectra...this little pooch brought so much joy into Sophia's life after she lost MudLynn and she continues to be such a character.  Who rescued who?


My job...I am so thankful that one of my former co-workers reached out to me with a job offer when she heard I was heading back to Washington.  I love my work and my co-workers.  What I do is not demanding but it is needed and makes the jobs of many others run smoothly.  I love being the behind-the-scenes fixer, it's my strength.


Washington, the Evergreen State...I am so happy to be back here.  The weather is glorious - grey, cloudy, cool days (lol, not everyone's idea of glorious) - real tea-drinking weather Mum would say.  We have had some warm days lately but not excessively so.  After reading posts from friends who have been living through the heatwave that has swept the Midwest and the East Coast, I am also thankful for air conditioning and a programmable thermostat so that the house is cool when I come home!

6 comments:

  1. I always say that technology makes the world such a smaller place - & I love it! Especially for those that you love - make them feel closer!!!
    So glad to have you link up with me today! Hope you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have settled into life in Washington with a good job and nice weather. When will you all be together again...Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you've settled in Washington. When does Vic's tour end? It's great that you're near your daughter again and your grand-pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's two years, or as we look at it, four six-month tours as he'll try to come home after each one.

      Delete
  4. Awww...great photo of Sophia and Spectra! Looks like a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete