Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Christmas in July 2019 - Day Three



Today's topic is upcycling Christmas cards.  What can you do with Christmas cards?  There are so many beautiful designs on cards and with scissors or a decorative punch or two, you can turn those cards into gift tags, place cards, or ornaments.  I'm sure there are countless pins on Pinterest to give you some inspiration.

If you don't feel creative, consider donating your cards to a worthy organization.  A quick Google search yielded dozens of charities that accept cards but since I haven't really had time to research them, I hope you will take a moment to check some out and see which one(s) you feel will have the most impact from your donation.

I don't practice upcycling Christmas cards for the simple reason that I save every Christmas card each year and place them in albums.  Less and less people are sending cards these days so I can place several years' worth in one album unlike twenty years ago when an album of cards was really thick.  I love to go through last year's album each holiday season and re-read the Christmas newsletters and take a look at the photos as it's so fun to see how much children have grown or family dynamics have changed when the current year's cards come in the mail.

What do you do with your Christmas cards each year?

4 comments:

  1. For years I sent my cards to a charity in the midwest. Since having Grands, I save some of them for crafts. I do save the photo cards from close friends; I enjoy seeing their families grow year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save the cards for a year and then upcycle them into gift tags, Christmas ornaments, and other projects -- everything from banners to little boxes. Older cards (and I have lately come into many) sell well on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I save and use for many ideals too. My grandma would cut out pictures and then use a hole puncher around it then crochet in the holes. Like 3 dc in each hole and leave a string and make a tassel for a book marker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make tags out of the nice ones.

    ReplyDelete