Monday, July 1, 2019

Christmas in July 2019 - Day One


I'm about 80% on the upcycle scale when it comes to Christmas.  I buy new decor only very occasionally (apart from my annual haul of ornaments and that's coming to an end - I think 800+ is enough for anyone, don't you?).  We've had the same tree topper, a capiz star, on our main tree for the last 25 years and Mum's knitted Santa, Mrs. Claus, and Mr. and Mrs. Snowman always sit in their wooden sleigh at the foot of the tree as well.  I just wouldn't be Christmas without these items.

Normally the light bulb is a little less obvious but in a daylight photo, it's hard to hide it!
Mum knitted these from a Jean Greenhowe pattern - if I had to take one Christmas item with me if I was adrift on a desert island, it would be this one (I'm counting the sleigh, the four occupants, and the toy bag as one item!)
Do you have favorite decor items that you bring out year after year?

4 comments:

  1. What amazingly cute knitted characters! They are so colorful and cheery!

    I'm trying to think ... I know there are items I wouldn't want to do without in my Christmas decor, ones that I bring out yearly, but right now I can't recall what they are. This past Christmas I used very little of my usual decor and used instead vintage items from my childhood home. You know, I think I will try and answer this question in one of my own CIJ blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of decor I use each year. Last year I noticed some of it is getting worn, so I plan to make some tough decisions this year about what I keep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure to have those knitted characters! I definitely have favorite Christmas ornaments and decor that I bring out year after year. It's the most sentimental part of the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your knitted Christmas family and the sled! What a treasure that is.
    My favorite items are my Santas.. wouldn't be Christmas without them.

    ReplyDelete