Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Christmas in July 2019 - Day Two


I do not believe I have ever passed on a gift that I didn't like to someone else.  

Photo courtesy of the article linked below
Item #5 in this article, If You Insist on Regifting, Here's How to Do It, probably sums up the reason why.  If it's something that I don't want to keep because it's just awful, why would I pass it on to someone else?  However, if it's something that not so gruesome, there are a couple of good tips to avoid, as the author puts it, having it "come back to bite you in the butt."

Rather than regift, donate the item to a worthy organization's thrift store.  Someone, somewhere will want it and the organization will benefit.

4 comments:

  1. About the only gifts I have ever regifted are ones I've received in a Yankee Swap, where the gift one ends up with is really the luck of the draw, so to speak. One time I ended up with a child's cross stitch kit with a cat motif. I like to cross-stitch but would not be likely to stitch this, so I wrapped it up and took it to the swap the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually re-gift. If I receive a gift I don't like or need I usually offer it to the women in my family. If no one wants it, into the Goodwill box it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I have to say I am SO happy to see your name come up in my blog list! Second, I was just thinking about re-gifting a few days ago. The only time I consciously re-gifted was when we were newlyweds. Carey's best friend got married two weeks after we did; I had my leg in a cast and couldn't drive or shop (no Amazon back then!); and we had a room full of wedding gifts still in boxes! :) We had received duplicates of a set of clear Corningware salad bowls, and I rewrapped one set and took it to their wedding for them. I don't know if they liked their set as much as I did mine, but I'm still using mine, and rarely without thinking of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't regift but I do donate to homeless shelters or thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete