Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Christmas in July 2019 - Day Thirty-One


And that's a wrap!  Another Christmas in July is in the books.  What fun we have had.  I may not have watched as many Christmas movies as I had planned, or read a Christmas book, or tried any new crafts or recipes, but the camaraderie over on the Magical Holiday Home forums has been amazing!  I love my MHH sisters!  We have talked about just about everything to do with Christmas decor, baking, celebrations, traditions, favorites, and learned a whole lot about hygge.  It's been wonderful.

I have a couple of Christmas in July treasures to share with you.  The first is my annual Christmas in July card from my BFF Jodie.  She knows how much I love Christmas in July and always helps me commemorate it in my scrapbook album with her beautiful cards.  This year's is just adorable.


I love the candy canes tilted into a heart on the gingerbread house!

My second treasure is a group of treasures from the Magical Holiday Home Christmas in July 2019 Ornament Swap.  This is my third year to participate and I'm building up quite a collection.  The one requirement of the swap is that you make the ornaments yourself - this year there were six participants so we each got five ornaments plus the bonus snowman for participating.


Clockwise from left to right:  Miss JoDee's Bringing Home the Tree red truck (what you can't see is that the trunk of the tree is a piece of cinnamon stick so it smells divine), Michelle's 'Tis the Season hoop with beautifully embroidered roses, the snowman head gift for participating, GrammaDeb's beautifully crochet-covered round ball, Lana's Santa square, and Mrs. Soup's Jingle Trio
Thank you, Lana, for organizing another great swap!

I forgot to take a photo before I sent mine out but I made the Scandinavian Stars that I learned to make with my Sisterchicks at our reunion in Minnesota in 2017. 


Here's one I made in Minnesota, my swap stars were in Christmas colors.  You can find the directions here.

I hope you had some Christmas in July fun.  Shout out to my fellow bloggers who shared some fun Christmas posts this month:




What makes me happy (25 days of favorite ornaments!)

Christmas is only 148 days away!

3 comments:

  1. Only 148 days! How is that possible! But you have certainly gotten me in the mood to start planning a little more seriously! 🎄🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the ornaments from the swap are so cute and such a variety. Love the card from your friend. A blogger that I read makes those stars (and she lives about 2 miles away from me so we've met in person!). Now that I know two people that make them and have seen how cute they are I think I'll give them a try! Hope to hear from you in the coming weeks. I've so enjoyed catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late coming here but thanks you for hosting CIJ at MHH. I love all the ornaments you gals made - they are lovely.
    What a beautiful card your friend gave you - a friend like that is precious.

    ReplyDelete