Sunday, July 21, 2019

Christmas in July 2019 - Day Twenty-One


Moving into Week Four - Christmas in the Kitchen.  Today and tomorrow our topic will be Christmas menus, split into two parts.  Today will be meals and menus through the month and tomorrow will be Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.  Do you prep food ahead of time so that there are freezer meals ready to go on those nights when you have school, church, work, neighborhood, or club events?  Are there special meals that you only eat during the holidays?

I love the idea of prepping food ahead of time and I might seriously consider that this year.  Vic will be home, Sophia will be here, and it would be nice to have everything all ready to pop into the oven rather than having to spend time in the kitchen.  Although when we moved into our new house, I made sure that the room flowing through to the kitchen (it's really like a great room set-up) was turned into the family room, with the dining room separate.  The previous owners had the dining room where we now have our family room and their family room was separate.  That way, if I am cooking in the kitchen, Vic and Sophia can be watching a movie, reading, or working on their laptops right where I can be part of their conversation.  It drove me nuts in Virginia to be in a separate room and disconnected from the family.

What's on your menu for the month of December?

3 comments:

  1. It's usually just Dan and I on Christmas Eve/Day, our family Christmas is held the weekend before the actual holiday. The past two years we've had Family Christmas in the morning and have served Breakfast foods. I plan to continue that for this year. I do need to plan other meals because my son and his family from Kansas will be here for several days around Family Christmas. I'm so focused on gifts, stocking stuffers, and making the snowmen to hold the gifts that I haven't given food much thought. It's on the list though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Throughout the month of December I try to keep meals simple. I use the slow cooker a lot. This frees up time for baking and crafting. Here are links to two of my posts about planning meals in December.

    Suppertime in the Christmas Kitchen

    Recipes to Simplify the Season

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freeze alot! I want to sit with my family and not pass my time in the kitchen running around.

    ReplyDelete