Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Thankful, Grateful, Blessed #2


Today I am thankful for great customer service.  It seems like it is something of a thing of the past with all the rushing around and the dog-eat-dog world that shopping and returning and exchanging and needing customer service can be.  This week, I have had two super interactions regarding customer service and I'd like to give a shout-out to these two companies.

1.  Michael Kors - definitely a first-world problem but I somehow lost a dust cover in the move.  I have a couple of designer handbags and because of the cost and the sheer beauty of each one, I take really good care of them.  I store them tucked away in their dust covers so that they will hopefully last as long as I do!  When I found that the cover for the handbag I was currently using was missing, I took the opportunity of being near a Michael Kors store to ask about a replacement.  Sadly, they didn't have any but the customer service representative gave me a card with the company details and suggested that they may be able to help me.  I shot off an email when I got home, receiving a prompt and very nice response that my request would be addressed, and voila! a replacement cover arrived in the mail today.


2.  Ore-Ida - I opened a package of frozen French fries and discovered a more than acceptable number of fries that were green or had black spots.  Not an alarming number but when I purchase a product like this, I don't expect to throw some of the product away.  Ore-Ida has a very user-friendly website although they ask for a lot of information so make sure you have your package handy.  I can understand the need for all the details because a defect in a product (more serious that a few green fries) could be indicative of a production issue and should a recall result, they need all the details to find out where the product is carried so that they can take action.  Again, a prompt and very nice response from the company thanking me for bringing this to their attention and a coupon to cover the cost of the unsatisfactory item.

BZ, as we say in the Navy, to Michael Kors and Ore-Ida!

2 comments:

  1. Good customer service is rare these days. Glad you had good service and prompt responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your good experiences. We always hear about the bad ones so I enjoyed hearing these good ones.

    ReplyDelete