Sunday, December 15, 2019

BLOGMAS 2019 - Day Fifteen


One family recipe that was handed down from my Mum is a baked ham.  We were really not turkey-eaters when I was growing up, it was ham at Thanksgiving and ham at Christmas.  You can use any kind of ham, bone-in or boneless, a whole ham or a spiral sliced one.  I put ours in the oven and bake according to the directions that come with it, and about half an hour before the cooking time should be over, I slather it with a mixture of French's mustard, brown sugar, and Coca Cola.  I've never measured how much, just make a paste with the mustard and brown sugar, and then thin it out with the Coke.  Pour it over the ham, place pineapple slices held in place with cherries on toothpicks all over the surface, and baste regularly.  It's delicious.

Sophia's godmother's sons call it "Auntie Pam's Ham".

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious. We're ham eaters too. I'm trying a new cider brined ham this year.

    ReplyDelete