Friday, December 13, 2019

BLOGMAS 2019 - Day Thirteen


Travel & Visits - our Christmas in Kettlewell was really the only time that we've traveled for Christmas.  We're pretty much homebodies at Christmas - we have certain things that we do, we enjoy a very relaxed Christmas Day and it's not conducive to going anywhere.  We never traveled at Christmas when I lived at home and I've pretty much stuck to that.

When we moved to Chicago, Vic's aunt wanted us to come to her house for Christmas.  I didn't want to go but I lost that battle and off we went.  It was ok, it was the first time I met that side of the family (apart from Vic's sister) and they were very welcoming and spoiled Sophia rotten.  It was, however, not the kind of Christmas I wanted to repeat so when the plans to go there again the next year fell through, I was not disappointed.

I asked Sophia if she would like to go to Walt Disney World next Christmas.  We haven't been since she was very young and I'd love to see all the decorations for Christmas, but she said no, she wanted to stay home.  So I think that whatever traveling we do in December will be around and not on Christmas.

We have, however, started a new travel tradition this year.  It's called City Sidewalks and it's a weekend or a few days visiting a city to take in a show, stay at a hotel, do some shopping, and see all the decorations.  This year we're sticking close to home and heading to Seattle but I see San Francisco or even New York in future plans.  I'll tell you more about it soon.

3 comments:

  1. City Sidewalks sounds like a fun new tradition. I can see us giving that a try when the kids are in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new tradition sounds very fun! We rarely travel at Christmas time. We are planning a family trip (all 16 of us) to Disney World for Christmas of 2021. We visited Disneyland with part of our family for Christmas 2017. It was awesome. I would go every year if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the City Sidewalks name. This is us to a tee! ALL of our travel is "AROUND" Christmas and never ON Christmas. This year we visited "Holiday Light" at the coast (and why I'm so incredibly behind in commenting - I had no internet at the hotel). And while it was beautiful I am so glad to be home with no where to go until 2020.

    ReplyDelete