Saturday, December 7, 2019

BLOGMAS 2019 - Day Seven


It's crazy busy around here this evening as I prepare for a Christmas Afternoon Tea and Ornament Exchange tomorrow with friends but I didn't want to miss a day of BLOGMAS so here's a fond Christmas memory from my childhood.

When my sister Barbara and I were young, my parents would lock the living room door after we went to bed on Christmas Eve as the Santa gifts were not wrapped.  They knew that I was notorious for getting up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning and wanted to make sure that I didn't peek before Mum was ready with the camera to capture the events of the morning.  One year, as Barbara and I waited, not at all patiently, for the living room door to be unlocked, Dad made a huge production out of having lost the key!  Much scurrying around ensued and finally, the key was produced and Christmas morning could begin.  We didn't know until many years later that Dad hadn't lost the key, Mum had misplaced the flashbulbs (yes, these were the days of cameras with flashbulbs) and they came up with the story of the missing key until she could remember where she put them!  We laughed about this one for years, partly for the story and partly for having grown up in the era of flashbulbs!  It was one of those "Remember when..." moments.

2 comments:

  1. What a great story! I do remember flashbulbs, haven't thought of them for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I kinda remember flashbulbs, but what a funny story! And I LOVE that they would "LOCK" you out until they were ready! It's cute, funny and must have been so frustrating as a child.

    ReplyDelete