Thursday, December 12, 2019

BLOGMAS 2019 - Day Twelve


Christmas Cards, soon to be a thing of the past?  I love to send cards, love to receive them, and this year, I splurged on these beautiful cards from minted.  The paper quality is gorgeous and they have matching envelopes and postage stamps.  I was able to upload our Christmas card list so that the envelopes came pre-addressed, how awesome is that?  The photos don't look the greatest in this scanned copy but they really are lovely in the actual card and excuse that black mark in the top right-hand corner, that's my less than stellar cropping skills!


I've written a Christmas newsletter for the last twenty-five years but this year, I condensed it down to three short paragraphs and it's on the back of the card.  I've kept every Christmas card we have received since Sophia was born and keep them in annual albums along with a legend of who sent each card and how we know them.  They are sort of organized in order - family cards first, then friends from the places we've lived over the years chronologically - California, Saipan, Florida, Illinois, Virginia, Rhode Island, and Washington.  I love to go back to the previous year each December and re-read the cards, newsletters, and look at the photos.  That way, when the new cards come in the mail, I can see how children have grown, what families have new additions, and what new adventures have taken place during the year.

Do you send cards?

5 comments:

  1. We are sending cards this year, but it really is a dying tradition. Last year we probably received 1/3 of our usual amount!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do send cards but I'm woefully behind this year. Going out of town at Thanksgiving has really thrown me for a loop. Last year I cut my list way down; I didn't enjoy it, but with the postage cost it was getting ridiculous to continue to send to people we haven't heard from in many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do send cards and I am also behind with them this year. I also participate in a card swap at a Christmas craft forum I'm in, and that is lots of fun. Those have already gone out, as some are out of country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still send cards, though I didn't last year and in 2017 due to being sick with pneumonia one year and moving the next. I was glad to be back at it this year. I, too, do an annual letter, which I've been doing for about 25 years. I keep my letters and our photo for the year in a special album.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I love the dedication you have in saving your cards! I tried an annual letter a few times, but ended up in just doing a few paragraphs eventually hitting the highlights from throughout the year. I do still send them out, but I too fear they are becoming a thing of the past unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete