Friday, December 6, 2019

BLOGMAS 2019 - Day Six


Working full-time has put me very much in the ??? category although I was never really much of a Handmade??? gift-giver.  I just don't have the patience for wool or fabric crafts.  I can make you an album, no problem, but the rest of the crafty stuff is just beyond me.  I've participated in our Christmas forums last three handmade ornament exchanges and honestly, it throws me into a panic attack coming up with an idea and then executing it so it doesn't look like something made by a kindergartner.  I've asked the group if we can include ornaments made by others (ie. local artisans, nothing mass-produced) but they're sticking to handmade by us so I'm starting to think ahead to the 2020 exchange!

I do, however, love to buy and give crafts that are made by others.  Etsy is a great place for things like this.  Two of the ones I've purchased in recent years (sorry, I can't remember the shops) are this caroler and this caravan.  Just beautiful workmanship.


1 comment:

  1. So sorry I've gotten behind in commenting! Crafting isn't for everyone, but that is also why we have craft fairs and Etsy! I LOVE this little caroler - he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete