Monday, October 5, 2020

Hello Monday

The weather:::
Cloudy days ahead for the week with rain for the weekend, I'll take it!  Nothing nicer than cups of tea, Netflix, chores around the house, and scrapbooking to the sound of the rain pattering on the roof

On my reading pile:::
Finished up The Little Village School and moved on to Trouble at the Little Village School, the second book in the Village School series by Gervase Phinn.


On my TV:::
It's back to the Hallmark Channel's When Calls the Heart on Netflix.  No idea where I left off so I started it from the beginning.  There are days when I'd love to live in a time and a place like Hope Valley and then there are days when I couldn't imagine not having indoor plumbing with the fashions of those days!


Friday night was the second episode of the new series of The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix.  Who knew what you could make out of biscuit (cookie) dough?

Checked off the list:::


I picked up my October ornaments and had a little browse around my local Hallmark store.


Couldn't resist this!
Because it's almost that time...


Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on #donebydecember on my 2018 album and finishing up some pages on past Creative Memories Christmas albums.  16 of the 25 Christmas memories are complete.  I've moved on to finishing up the 2004 Creative Memories Christmas album, a few e-mails to add and the legend to work on.  My December Daily Facebook group is a wonderful place to share tips and tricks but we are also terrible enablers!  So many great products shared and ones that I couldn't resist ordering!  There will be more boxes stacked up at the front door.

And in other news:::
Very sad to hear President and Mrs. Trump's positive results and wishing them both a speedy recovery.  Absolutely appalled by the social media posts by people who were giving a thumbs up to their results or some other tasteless reaction.  I don't care what political party you belong to, where is common decency?

Since tomorrow is Prime Purchases, I'll put my If this is Tuesday, it must be England news here - another quiet royal wedding.  Princess Alexandra's granddaughter, Flora Ogilvy married Swedish former professional ice hockey player Timothy Vesterberg.  Princess Alexandra, The Honourable Lady Ogilvy, is Queen Elizabeth's cousin.

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the news coverage and social media comments. It was a stark contrast with the respect given the passing of RBG just a few weeks ago. I love your new Hallmark ornaments. I wonder if anyone else finds these smaller, simpler weddings a little bit refreshing? Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Hallmark ornaments are so cute! I think Hallmark always has so many great ones to pick from. I plan to binge watch the Great British Baking show later today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Royal news update! What a beautiful couple. I picked up my ornaments Friday afternoon. Our local store usually has a free gift with each order... this year it was a mask. To say I was very disappointed is an understatement. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete