Monday, October 12, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
After a rainy weekend (no complaints here, the grass looks amazing!), looks like a mostly dry week ahead with temperatures just slightly over 60 degrees.  Love this time of year!

On my reading pile:::
Finished up The Little Village School and Trouble at the Little Village School and moved on to The School Inspector Calls, the third book in the Village School series by Gervase Phinn.


I also picked up The Long Weekend:  Life in the English Country House 1918-1939 by Adrian Tinniswood from the library.

On my TV:::
Still working my way through When Calls the Heart on Netflix.  Last night, the second season of The Spanish Princess aired on STARZ (watch the trailer here) and I downloaded Ladies in Black on Amazon Prime to enjoy today.



The fun continues in the new series of The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix.  Bread last Friday and this week, chocolate.

Checked off the list:::

Hair cut last Wednesday - love those first few days when shampoo and blow dry is a breeze.  Not much else on the agenda last week.  I found this schedule for Netflix, similar to the one I posted for The Hallmark Channel.


I'm probably one of the few who has not watched The Christmas Chronicles yet so I need to take care of that before Part Two airs on November 25.

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on #donebydecember on my 2018 album - I got a little sidetracked by finishing up the older Creative Memories Christmas albums - but I'm just about done so I hope to have my 2018 album completed soon.  I am desperately searching for this ribbon so if anyone finds it, I would be so grateful if you would pick up a spool or two and let me know so that I can send you the money for the ribbon and postage.


And in other news:::
Saw a friend's post about a dining set she saw locally at the Navy Exchange and took a closer look - the chairs were exactly the same as the bar stools we have!  I went out to the furniture store yesterday to take a look and there it was, exactly the same.  The table is counter-height, which seems to be a new trend?  It was by Ashley so I drove over to the local Ashley store to compare prices and to see if there was a regular dining table height option available.  There was not so counter-height it is.  The price was much better at the Navy Exchange and I had a stratch-off coupon which took off another 5%.  Sold!  The only bad part of the transaction is the 16 week delivery estimate!  Yikes, looks like another year at the small round dining table but that's ok, there's only three (hopefully!) of us.  I took this photo from the Ashley website.  Although I really liked the server piece on the left, we plan to have cabinets all along the side of the dining room wall so there wouldn't be a place for it.


I'm off work today for what the federal government still calls the Columbus Day holiday but since 2014, Seattle has celebrated as Indigenous Peoples' Day.  I grew up reciting the famous poem, "In fourteen hundred ninety-two, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.  He sailed three ships and left from Spain.  He sailed through sunshine, wind, and rain....".  Does anyone else remember that?  I don't suppose they teach that any longer. 

3 comments:

  1. I still know part of that Columbus poem too and rather marvel at the fact that it's still a holiday we celebrate. My kids were quite happy to have the day off though. That dining set is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember the Columbus day poem. I was in a Columbus Day play when I was in 1st grade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I remember it... and I have no doubt that you're correct in thinking they probably don't teach it anymore! Very pretty dining set. Thanks for the Netflix schedule.

    ReplyDelete