Tuesday, October 13, 2020

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #121

 
Just a short post today but one that I hope you will explore a little farther at your leisure.

LONDON’S BLUE PLAQUES

London’s famous blue plaques link the people of the past with the buildings of the present. Now run by English Heritage, the London blue plaques scheme was started in 1866 and is thought to be the oldest of its kind in the world.

Across the capital over 900 plaques, on buildings humble and grand, honour the notable men and women who have lived or worked in them.

A return visit to London has been on my bucket list for a long time.  It's been many, many years since I have been there and I can't wait to visit again, when travel and doing touristy things is open and safe again.

You can use the website linked above to search the plaques.  Among the many figures from history, I found two of my favorite authors:

2 comments:

  1. I learned something new today, I had no idea these existed. They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of your decor! We have the same pumpkin wallflower from Bath & Body too :)

    ReplyDelete