Monday, October 26, 2020

Hello Monday

The weather:::
It was a pretty chilly weekend and windy.  Temperatures will be in the 50s next week and dropping to the 40s at night.  I'm really loving hopping in the car in the comfort of the garage and driving over to the Park & Ride each morning.  Super convenient on the way home as well as I can stop at the grocery store or post office if I need to.

On my reading pile:::
I've reached the final book in the Village School series by Gervase Phinn, it's been delightful.


Also still working on The Long Weekend:  Life in the English Country House 1918-1939 by Adrian Tinniswood from the library.

On my TV:::
Still bingeing my way through The West Wing and enjoyed the first two premieres in the Countdown to Christmas lineup on The Hallmark Channel.  Setting up a pajama-wearing, hot cocoa-drinking, One Royal Holiday premiere-watching event next Saturday night with my Sisterchicks from MOPS as it's filmed the hometown of one of them.  Those who have The Hallmark Channel will be tuning in to text through the premiere as we share our impressions of the movie.


The fun continues in the new series of The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix.  Pastry last week and a new theme, Japanese, coming this week.

Checked off the list:::
Spent some time last week at Urgent Care and in the Ophthalmology Clinic for what I thought was a stye but could be a blocked tear duct in my right eye.  I'll heading back there on Tuesday.  An appointment at the hospital, which is where my military medicine provider is located, is an all-day adventure.

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on #donebydecember on my 2018 album - had hoped to be finished but my printer developed a weird let's print in strange colors problem so I've had to send some of my photos out to be developed.  My Christmas Planning Center is all set up (see yesterday's post for the Christmas Countdown details) and it's time to order our Christmas cards and finish updating the holiday mailing list.

And in other news:::
Looking like it will take a Christmas miracle for Vic to be home for Christmas this year as the Government of Japan has extended the Public Health Emergency out to December 31.  If the military lifts the travel restrictions, the problem then lies with the return portion of his trip as he would have to quarantine for two weeks at the port of entry.  That would be Tokyo and it would all be at our expense.  If any of you have looked at travel to Japan, you know Tokyo is pretty pricey for accommodation.  Looks like it will be a FaceTime kind of Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. So sad for your disappointment over being separated at Christmas time...
    These are definitely challenging days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'm going to switch to praying for a miracle in Japan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your disappointing news about the military travel ban. I had what I think was a blocked tear duct a few months ago...not fun. I think I was able to get it resolved with lots of warm compresses. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry to hear that you may have to spend Christmas apart; hoping and praying the situation changes somehow by then. I'm really enjoying the Great British Baking show and want to try out some of those recipes!

    ReplyDelete