Monday, October 19, 2020

Hello Monday

 

The weather:::
Rain on the way up to Sophia's last Friday and rain on the way home today, not my favorite driving condition but I'm home safely.  Looks to be relatively dry for the week ahead but temperatures are dropping, in the 50s all week and forecast for the 40s next week.  I'm definitely re-evaluating whether to continue walking down to the end of the street to get the bus to work or to hop in the car and drive to the nearest Park & Ride to pick up a bus there.  Will definitely be thinking about that.

On my reading pile:::
Finished up The Little Village School and Trouble at the Little Village School and The School Inspector Calls and moved on to A Lesson in Love, the fourth book in the Village School series by Gervase Phinn.


Also still working on The Long Weekend:  Life in the English Country House 1918-1939 by Adrian Tinniswood from the library.

On my TV:::
Reached the end of When Calls the Heart on Netflix so I'm on hold until they add some more seasons.  Loving the costumes of The Spanish Princess on STARZ but not so enthralled by the story, I knew that it was going to be glamourized for TV but it's a bit over the top.  Sophia and I watched the downloaded Ladies in Black on Amazon Prime and it was excellent.  My latest Netflix binge is The West Wing.

The fun continues in the new series of The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix.  Sophia and I watched last week's chocolate episode and then I re-watched the previous week's bread episode because she wanted to see the rainbow bagels.

Checked off the list:::
Not much!  Holiday last Monday, off work with my sciatica on Wednesday, leave day on Friday to see Sophia meant only two workdays last week.  Sophia and I had a wonderful weekend - lots of shopping, window-shopping, eating out, watching Christmas movies and others.


Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on #donebydecember on my 2018 album - I'm determined to get it done before the all-day December Daily Prep Party which is an all-day, online sharing of album ideas, techniques, and all things December Daily on November 7.  There are still a lot of packages arriving with Christmas scrapbooking supplies - enough for several years of albums, I'm sure!

And in other news:::
I'm on a total news ban because I am fed up to the teeth with the political negativity and the scare-mongering reports about COVID-19.  I'm retreating into my bubble to just take a breather on that front.  Not much else other than waiting for any news about military travel.  Sophia will be up for Thanksgiving and we will do some Christmas decorating (whatever is left because I don't think I am going to be able to restrain myself much past November 1 from dragging out all the holiday totes).  Target is taking FOREVER to get their Christmas stuff out - I need wrapping paper to get busy as the guest room has turned into grande olde hold all station for the packages that have been arriving for weeks.  I keep thinking "Why did I order three of those?" but since they are really cool items and we are in three different households, I need three of most things that have caught my eye this year.

Sophia has her first horse show in several years coming up.  A new twist for her, a show on her own horse after years of leasing or taking a horse from a draw at a high school or college team event.  Spectators are banned because of, you know, COVID-19, so I'll just have to wait for the photos.  I am so excited for her!

Throwback to her first class in her first show 2009 - 4-H Novice Fitting and Showmanship - and she took the blue ribbon.  No idea where her skill and showmanship came from as neither Vic nor I have any background with horses.

6 comments:

  1. I am so ready to decorate for Christmas, too!! I will start a little on Nov 1st, but my daughter and two Grands will be living here until 11/13 and our house is crammed to the brim with stuff. I told my other daughter that I will feel like I decluttered when Katie moves out even though I won't have lifted a finger! I love news, politics, current events; I always have since a pre-teen. But now, I'm with you. I'm so sick of it all. I really resent that one of my pleasures has been over taken by fear and subpar reporting. Grrr... Hope your sciatica is better. Still praying for Vic to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like driving in the rain either.
    Glad you had a good time with Sophia last weekend. We just can't shop much around here... lots of places are closed and there are lineups for the other places as only a few can get in at one time - No fun!
    I'm with you with the news about covid and the us elections... too much! Not even doing my covid journal anymore - just fed up.
    Almost ready to decorate for Christmas too.. might be a tad earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to make those rainbow bagels when I saw that episode! They look delicious and rainbow makes everything better doesn't it? I haven't watched the news once all year... not once! I just can't even... ugh. I hear enough just listening to others and reading blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to look for Ladies in Black...sounds wonderful. I'm so excited for Sophia's horse show. Grace just mentioned that she misses riding and wishes she hadn't given it up (back in jr. high.) One of those things I wish I had insisted that she continue instead of letting her decide! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was recommended by Katie over at preppyemptynester so I knew it was going to be good.

      Delete