Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Prime Purchases - October 2020


It's the first Tuesday of the month and that means it's time for Prime Purchases with Tanya from The Other Side of the Road.

Most of my purchases this month have been for Sophia's classroom.  I seem to be the virtual room mom and librarian and I must say that I am loving it.  All my dreams of being a teacher have come right back.


There were so many great titles for fall and the changing of the seasons.


I also picked up this Christmas book because I think it's going to be harder to find as we get closer to Christmas.


Also looking ahead to Christmas is this fun Fisher Price Little People Advent Calendar.



One of Sophia's fellow teachers had this great system for organizing materials by month so I picked up these magazine holders that we will decorate with some monthly scrapbook paper I found in my stash (each sheet has the name of the month printed repeatedly in different fonts and sizes) and then label them with that month's holidays and special days.


My favorite adhesive.


On the scrapbook front, I replenished my stock of photo paper and vellum and for home organization, these modular latch boxes come in this smaller size to match the larger ones I have and a refill for my OXO duster.


I couldn't resist this festive washi tape, a primarily gold set and a colorful set.

I made a couple of other purchases but as they are Christmas presents for Vic and Sophia, I can't share them in case they are reading!  I'll have to have a Prime Purchases Christmas Edition after December 25.

5 comments:

  1. That washi tape set is darling! I used to organize our books by season and holiday too using magazine holders. They really are a great size to fit most soft covered kids books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the magazine holders in my classroom for my books. I have them labeled by topic/seasons. I love the ones from IKEA. They are white, inexpensive and easily personalized. Scholastic has some great book deals too. They offer a dollar book each month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magazine holders are such a great idea for classroom supplies. Sophia is lucky to have you as her virtual room mom. :) Thanks for linking up with Prime Purchases! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comments on my blog got messed up and I missed a few of your comments. If you link up on your phone, it will link the mobile version which is why it looked different. If you take the last few things beginning with m off the end of the link/code, it will go to the regular post. Also, it was just the haunted house attachment that I couldn't find anymore on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Little People Advent Calendar, I may have to purchase that to use with my Grands.

    ReplyDelete