Monday, September 11, 2023

Hello Monday - September 11, 2023

 

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Ah, retired life!  How did I find time to work, lol?  It was so nice to get my appointments, errands, and chores done during the week so we could have the weekend free to take off and have fun!

We started off on Friday with the opening night of My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3.


Sometimes a sequel is never as good as the original, and you really take a chance with the third version but this one did not disappoint.  A cute story with lots of laughs, we really enjoyed it.

Saturday morning we headed out to the 46th Annual Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival.  Vic's passion is wooden boats - he'd love to build one one day and this was the place to see it all.  (As I type this post, he's sitting next to me watching a video on wooden boat building).


It was a beautiful day.


This guy was in heaven, so many displays, so many boats.


Sail boats, speed boats, row boats, paddle boats, house boats, you name it, it was there.


What exquisite design work on these kayaks!


Love this Morris truck!  There was a group of fiddlers behind it and the music was great.


All sorts of vendors and artisans.


This was my favorite - it's called Paddington - look at the little wellies!


Lovely day out together.


Port Townsend Bay was beautiful.  I'm sorry I didn't remember to take a Weathershot app photo to remember the gorgeous weather.

Sunday was a quiet day - we re-arranged the living room - second attempt as we re-arranged it on Friday but I think we have the right set-up now.  I worked on fall decorating (photo coming later this week) while Vic made beef and broccoli.  We both worked in the office in the afternoon while watching old episodes of The Great British Baking Show.  The new season, with new host Alison Hammond joining co-host Noel Fielding, starts sometime later this month and I can't wait!


That's our weekend wrap-up, how was yours?  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun weekend- thanks for sharing! I didn't know the movie had come out- I am so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear the 3rd movie was a good one; it can be hit or miss with sequels but I do love the original and thought the premise for this one sounded promising. That boat festival sounds so neat!

    ReplyDelete