Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 520

 

I'm joining Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Click on the photo above for the link.

1. If your life had a theme song for this past year what would it be? 

I'd have to say Time to Say Goodbye - it's how I started off my farewell e-mail to the Engineering Department when I turned in my badge and walked out the gate for the last time.  Retirement is wonderful but the goodbyes were so hard.  Thankfully, Facebook keeps me connected to many of my former co-workers and I look forward to seeing them again.

2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate???

Favorite?  Can I say all of the above?  LOL, I suppose it would be chocolate ice cream.  Most recently we had the chocolate mousse cups from Costco, with the layer of ganache on top, velvety mousse and the flakes of chocolate at the bottom.  Delicious!  You know when you see the words "Made in Belgium", it's going to be a decadent chocolate treat.

3. What has surprised you recently? 

How busy I have been in the last two weeks.  I am definitely living the phrase "I don't know when I had time to work"!

4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently? 

Yes, we are registered to vote in Washington, the state we now call home.  I had to choose between a myriad of options connected to my recent retirement, does that count as voting?

5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? 

I wish I liked to hike because we live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country with endless hiking trails for beginner to advanced hikers.  Right now, I suppose it's my knee injury (I'm waiting for knee surgery) that putting me off even considering hiking but deep down, I really don't enjoy it.  I'm afraid of bears and mountain lions, hate bugs, loathe getting sweaty, it's just not me.  I do, however enjoy walking and although I can't do it at the moment, I look forward to the time when we can take some leisurely walks (without fear of bears, mountain lions, or bugs!).

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Yesterday, the Hallmark Channel released the Countdown to Christmas Movie Schedule for 2023.  That I can get really excited about!  I've seen the decorations going up in Hobby Lobby, the Advent calendars on the shelves at World Market, and countless other little Christmas is Coming touches but the Countdown to Christmas schedule... Christmas is really coming!

9 comments:

  1. I don't particularly enjoy strenuous hikes and prefer moderate or easy that take you to a waterfall or through some pretty foilage. I'll do a tough one now and then, but my knee and ankle hate the pounding of a hike down a steep climb. We do have bears here and I'm always on the lookout for them when we're in the woods. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the Hallmark channel has started its count down. But I guess it's time. September is almost gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the schedule that's out - the first movie doesn't air until October 20.

      Delete
  3. I love hiking.. but I don't like hiking at all when it's hot or buggy. I prefer a nice easy hike preferably near some water. Thankfully I have never come across a bear or any other wild animal while hiking. That mousse looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved the Hallmark schedule for Christmas and looking forward to the fall movies too. I also watch When Calls the Heart. I hope you can get your knee fixed. That chocolate dessert looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does hiking across a parking lot count? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like walking and hiking, but it would be SO much better if the bugs weren't there to annoy me and bite me. The chocolate mousse looks so yummy, I'm hungry for chocolate now! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get to take some good walks soon - Washington is definitely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to listen to the song but not sure I had the right one (andre bocelli and a lady singing), but I couldn't find one in English...lol. I'll have to keep looking. Thos mousse cups from costco are so good. I also live in Washington and I agree that we live in an amazing state for hiking. Thankfully there are easy hikes to go along with the grueling ones. Oh, I'll have to check out the countdown to Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete