Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Currently - October 2023

 

Today I'm joining Jennifer over at Overflowing with Thankfulness for Currently - a little snippet of life lately.

I completely forgot that the first Wednesday of the month is Currently, so here's my second post for today.

loving//free oil changes for life!  Is that a thing where you are?

excited about//Christmas, of course!  Only 16 days until the Countdown to Christmas movies start on the Hallmark Channel, and 27 days until the tree goes up (light only until mid-November, no decorations this early).

watching//Some old movies I have in our Amazon library.  I seem to be on a war theme - Monuments Men, Midway, Pearl Harbor.


It's my goal to see the Ghent Altarpiece and Michelangelo's Madonna of Bruges, both in Belgium

seeing//the leaves changing and bursting forth with autumn splendor

observing//Malone - he's been with us just over a week and has quite settled in.  During the day, while I'm in the office, he lounges in this chair, he sleeps at the bottom of our bed, and he's Vic's BFF completely.  He can't wait for him to come home so they can go for a walk or play ball in the backyard.  His eating habits are iffy, some days he'll eat just fine, other days he'll leave his breakfast and not eat it until dinner time.  He has his first vet visit next week so we'll see what they say.

7 comments:

  1. Malone looks so comfy on that chair. I would say he´s settled in! I forgot about Currently as well. I am working on another post so I likely won´t participate but I do like the prompts- it seems like they are pretty easy to answer and wouldn´t take a lot of time to do. We are seeing signs of fall, too, which is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free oil changes for life?! I wish that was a thing near us! Your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a a perk at the dealership when I bought my car a couple of years ago.

      Delete
  3. Free oil changes for life would be fabulous; we get free car washes for life though. Looks like Malone is settling in nicely; hopefully he gets a good report from the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Malone, please make yourself comfy!:) He looks very "at home" - which is lovely! And where does one get oil changes for life?? Wow! Happy Monday to you -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a perk at our local Subaru dealership when you buy a new car from them.

      Delete
  5. Free oil changes for life would be great! You've just reminded me that I need to get the oil changed, but I know it won't be free. Malone looks so comfy! Visiting from Currently#19

    ReplyDelete