Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 523

 From this Side of the Pond

I'm joining Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Click on the photo above for the link.

1. What's something small you tend to sweat even though you know you shouldn't? 

The dentist,.  Even though I've found an amazing dentist and hygienist who specialize in cowards, I still sweat every visit.


2. October 17th is National Pasta Day...do you like pasta? What's your favorite? Cooked at home or eaten in your favorite Italian restaurant? How often do you make/eat pasta? 

I LOVE pasta, any shape, in any form, any sauce.  Spaghetti, lasagna, manicotti, fettucine, you name it, I'll take it.  I cook pasta about once every two weeks as Vic's not as much of a fan as I am.  We have a nice Italian restaurant near to us as well as the local Olive Garden where my lunch bunch meets occasionally.

3. Do you consider yourself a spontaneous person? Explain.

Yes, absolutely.  When we lived in Virginia, I happened to see that very day was the last performance of The Lost Colony, a symphonic drama under the stars on Roanoke Island in North Carolina.  It was an annual event but we would not be there the following year.  I asked Vic if he wanted to go and when he said yes, I said let's go.  He's not spontaneous at all and he didn't realize that I meant that day!  A little coaxing and we dropped the dog at the kennels, hit the road, and had a great time.




No photo of the two of us together, I don't think we knew how to take selfies at this point!


We took the backstage tour which was awesome


I keep telling Vic that if he gets a post-Navy job offer in England and calls to tell me the news, I'll have my bags packed by the time he gets home!

4. Who are some of your heroes? Tell us why. 

My Mum, an amazing role model, my rock, I miss her every day.  My sister, who fought for children in crisis, she was an amazing wife, friend, mother, and sister, her loss was so hard.  Anyone who fights for the rights of children and animals, world leaders who strive for peace, and anyone who mentors the youth of today.

5. Let's wrap it up with something light...Taylor Swift...are you a fan? On a scale of 1-10 how much so? (1=who's Taylor?, 10=a true Swiftie, seen her in concert more than once). If you're a fan what's your favorite T. Swift song?

I've been to a Taylor Swift concert, I took Sophia and a friend to Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts in 2010.  I guess I'm about a 4.  I like her song about Romeo and Juliet - had to look it up, it's called Love Story - it's my favorite because it was in the movie Letters to Juliet which I loved.



Gillette Stadium is the home of the New England Patriots - the crowd went wild when Taylor came out in a Patriots jersey but it was too dark at that point to take a photo

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Any Outlander fans?  These are adorable.

11 comments:

  1. I have not read Outlander nor watch the show but everyone seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun story about the spontaneous trip. I took Grace to see Taylor Swift...maybe in 2013? It was a special memory, and in London too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the books and we've watched most of the series. We haven't seen the most recent episodes. Love your spontaneous trip story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your story about the spontaneous trip - and it looks like it was a lot of fun! Sounds like something my husband and I would do. Me talking him into doing something fun with me that he hadn't realized was going to be TODAY. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lost Colony visit sounds like such fun. Your hubby agreeing to the last-minute change in plans touched my heart -- now THAT's love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...I could pack my bags for a working stint in England, too. Not familiar with Outlander but those dolls are the cutest! Good for you for going on a whim to enjoy that show. I'm not a relaxed fan of the dentist. Have a great rest of the week, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I end each visit to my daughter's house by saying, "Alexa, play Taylor Swift," and walking out the door. Then I laugh and laugh as I walk out to the car hearing my son-in-law scream, "No, no, Alexa!!! Stop, please stop!" ROTFLOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly wish I could say that I was spontaneous. I'm more like Vic and look what fun he (both of you probably) would have missed! Who knows how much fun I have missed!?:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always dread going to the dentist too (even though I have hardly ever needed anything done but a simple cleaning!). I'm a bit pasta fan too! Luckily the rest of my family is too so we have pasta once a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Story is my favorite Taylor Swift song too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad that you found a dentist and hygienist for cowards, ha! I like all sorts of pasta as well. That is cool that you saw Taylor Swift back in 2010. Love Story is probably my favorite one of hers as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete