Monday, October 2, 2023

Hello Monday - October 2, 2023

   

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

Friday saw the first episode of The Great British Baking Show on Netflix.  The show airs in the UK on Tuesdays, so I have to be careful to avoid the Facebook page or there will be spoilers.  The animal cakes in the Showstopper were pretty amazing.


Saturday was the monthly gathering of the Lunch Bunch - we went to a local breakfast/brunch eatery and I had the pumpkin French toast which was amazing.  Not so amazing was the $4.90 they charged for a cup of coffee - just black coffee, no bells or whistles.  Ugh, eating out is getting to be ridiculous.


After lunch, I ran a couple of errands.  I stopped by the Navy Exchange where these displays were up.


When I got home, I helped Vic move the TV to the dining room table so he could take it apart and find out why it's not working.  It's great to have an electronics/electrical guy in the house.


And have you heard this?


In other news, Malone took his first flea/tick chewy without incident and I made The Tipsy Housewife's Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Cream Sauce for dinner.  Vic loved the sauce, I was not as fond of it, but the method for cooking the pork tenderloin produced the most tender, succulent roast, it was delicious.  And, of course, I forgot to take a photo!

Have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh~ I am so excited about Love Actually 2! Can't wait! The first one is one of my favorite Christmas movies! :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend and I were just talking about the sticker shock of going out to eat (especially with kids/teens in tow!). I hope Love Actually 2 comes at least close to living up to the first one. I watch that movie every single year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat that your husband has electronic fixing skills! My husband is very handy around the house but he doesn´t do much with electronics. Think of the money you´re saving (more to spend on overpriced coffee...) by having him fix the TV. Hope he figures it out. The baked goods from the show are super impressive and how charming are the displays in the Navy Exchange. Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to the pork dish, I visited and Pinned it. Have a great week. I love Mondays now that I'm retired, don't you?! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your post. Hope your husband could fix your tv. I have a friend who loves the first movie, I'll have to see if she knows a second one is coming out. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...Love Actually 2 is something I will really look forward to!

    ReplyDelete