Tuesday, October 31, 2023

If this is Tuesday, it must be England #152

 


This is the time of year when I would love to have plans to spend ten days in London.  These popped up on my Instagram in the last few days, the 2023 Christmas Lights in London and London Christmas Markets.



This also popped up - the Union Jack Club, the famous central London military membership club and accommodation exclusively for serving and veteran enlisted members of His Majesty's Armed Forces, where we were thrilled to find that they have a reciprocal agreement for members of other nations' armed forces.  I can't wait to stay there, I only wish it would be on December 11th!


There's a fascinating series of You Tube videos that document the formation of the original Military Wives Choir.  You can find it here and make sure you have some tissues handy.

If you didn't get a chance to book a flight, here's an online shopping resource for you or any royalty fan in your family, the Christmas Collection from the Royal Collection Trust Official Royal Gift Shop.  I hope Santa drops a few of these items in my stocking.

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard of the Union Jack club. As usual, I enjoyed reading about England on a Tuesday! I bought some ornaments when I was there in September, and I was happy to be there when they started bringing out some of the Christmas things in the shops!

    ReplyDelete