Monday, October 30, 2023

Hello Monday - October 30, 2023

 

I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah this morning for Hello Monday and a weekend recap.

I ran out quickly on Friday morning to pick up a postage due package at the post office.  I signed up for a weekend virtual scrapbooking retreat and the package held all my supplies!  I missed the mailman on Thursday so I had to grab it Friday before the retreat started at 12:30.  I also made a quick stop at the grocery store for a few chili fixings for Saturday night and a stop at Starbucks for a PSL to enjoy during the crop.  Vic stopped to pick up a pizza on his way home from work.


Pepperoni, sausage, olives, mushrooms, onions - yummy!  I put it on my perforated pizza pan and popped it into the oven to keep warm while Vic took Malone for a walk and I finished up the retreat.  Pizza and a Hallmark movie, what's not to love?

Saturday morning, I fried up the ground beef and put the chili in the CrockPot and then headed out to drop a load of appliances that I hadn't used in at least five years at the charity shop.  Vic continued working on the living room floor.


The photo on the left is the remains of the half wall that was just inside the front door.  It really was getting in the way of the living room furniture configuration we wanted so it need to come down.  In the right photo, you can see the strip of flooring that was underneath the half wall.  The blue tape marks various boards that would have to come up in order for Vic to re-lay boards to cover up the gap.  Fortunately, we had had the same flooring in the kitchen and we saved all the boards when we had the new kitchen flooring put in with the kitchen remodel.  Saved a pretty penny, I'm sure, as flooring is expensive!

Time for chili (which I forgot to photo) and Hallmark and I worked on the overnight scrapbook challenge, putting together a layout with one peek a boo pocket, three patterned papers, two colors of cardstock, four mats, two embellishments, and four stickers.  It was quite a project to get it all in.


I decided to do a two-page spread of February 2017.  Vic and I were living in Norfolk, Virginia, and in February we had a cake decorating class, my birthday, our anniversary, and Vic's first crack at cornhole.  The peek a boo pockets are on the top right of the left-hand page (three photos of the cake decorating class) and on the top right of the right-hand page (three photos of our anniversary afternoon tea).

Off to church on Sunday morning and then home for more retreat for me and more flooring work for Vic.  Malone alternated between lying on the chair in the office with me or on a floor mat in the living room with Vic.


It was barbecued Korean ribs and rice for dinner on Sunday and more Hallmark.  We're watching the Christmas movies as fast as they turn them out!

And that was our weekend...

I can't close this post without a mention of the tragic news of the death of Matthew Perry, so sad.  I confess I never really got into Friends but Sophia is a huge fan.

6 comments:

  1. What a great and productive weekend! I love your pizza and movie Friday night. We had pizza and popcorn and watched Netfix on Friday. Good job on saving leftover flooring and being able to use it rather than buy more. And how handy is Vic to be able to install it himself. You are so creative- what a fun idea- a virtual retreat. Your page layouts are adorable. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to meet you via the Sunshine/Books link-up. I'm in London, England. I have a weekly link-up on Wednesdays, would be great if you could join. Enjoyed your post. Delicious looking pizza and good work with the living room floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy weekend! I am glad you mentioned Matthew Perry- we are all very sad here- he was one of the best of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrapbooking page turned out great! I worked on lots of scrapbooking this weekend and completed 12 pages I had partially started earlier in the month. The living room floor is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I was not a big Friends fan, but was so sad to hear about Matthew Perry. I have heard that his book was such a raw and honest description of addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your layout and Vic's floor project show a lot of great detail work! Looks like Malone is a great 'supervisor' of the two of you. :)

    ReplyDelete