Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday Favorites

  


Linking up with Andrea and Erika this morning for Friday Favorites.


If you haven't discovered chewy.com, check it out for amazing savings.  After being quoted $218 for a six-month supply of flea/tick/heartworm medication for Malone, I found it on chewy for $188 plus if I signed up for autoship, my first purchase was 40% off, another $72 savings.  A quick search of Malone's other prescriptions yielded significant savings on each one.  The process is so simple at the chewy pharmacy - I simply added the medication to my cart, selected Malone's vet from the drop down box, and that was it.


We have a variety of streaming services and this popped up in my suggestions recently so I thought I'd have a nostalgia watch.  It starts with Season 2 on Freevee, not sure what happened to Season 1, but anyone who's never watched Dallas can pick up the story line right away.  I found it pretty hilarious - oh my goodness, the fashions!  And the hairstyles, shades of the Farrah Fawcett flip, and honestly, could J.R. stop with calling every woman "darlin'"!  I had to laugh when Pamela Ewing took off her blouse and skirt and was wearing a full-length slip underneath, does anyone wear them any more?
Christmas is coming and that means new Erin Condren planners for Sophia and me.  Sophia is faithful to the coil-bound version but I'm sticking with the softbound lay-flat version I bought last year.  Do you use a paper planner?


If you haven't tried Godiva's Molten Lava Cakes, they are amazing.  They come in a pack of six (or more if you buy them at a big box store like Costco or Sam's Club) and I love that you can just make two at a time.  Perfect for dessert for us.


And finally, Season 2 of The Gilded Age airs on Max this Sunday.  I LOVED Season 1 and can't wait for more.

And just in case this hasn't hit your Facebook or Instagram yet, here's week two's line-up in the Countdown to Christmas on The Hallmark Channel.  If you love la belle France, I'm sure Sunday's feature won't disappoint.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I want to start season 2 of the Gilded Age. Loved Season 1! Oh my, I would love to watch Dallas. What a blast from the past! Sorry to hear about the knee surgery! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to start season 2 of The Gilded Age too! Those molten cakes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter needed a black skirt to wear so she rummaged through my clothes. She came out with a black skirt on. I broke the news to her that she was wearing a black slip, not a black skirt. She didn´t know what a slip was! Despite my girls wearing dresses a decent bit as kids, they never wore slips so they did not know what one was! I don´t use a paper planner but probably should. How fun to get new ones. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job finding such a good deal with the pet things.
    Oh my goodness, Dallas is a blast from the past. I vaguely remember watching it years ago.
    I am saving all the Christmas movies for November. hehehe I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Dallas is before my time. Those molten cakes look delicious.

    ReplyDelete