Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Eighteen


How to display stockings - since we don't have a fireplace with a mantle, I put our stocking holders J-O-Y on the media rack.  This is the second shelf shown below (the TV is on the top and there is another shelf below this one).  Here our elf, Edward, has cheekily shown up one morning with a gift for Sophia from Victoria's Secret!  The stockings hang from the three hooks until Christmas Eve when I take them down and fill them.


Once they are full, they are too heavy for the stocking holders so they end up propped up against the gifts under the tree - Vic and I have the red/white ones and Sophia's is a cross stitch stocking I made for her first Christmas, it's just tucked behind mine in this photo.

3 comments:

  1. I bought two stocking stands at Kirkland's. I arrange them on either side of the main tree and we hang our stockings there. I'd much rather have a fireplace mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather have a fireplace too, but I like the way you have displayed your stockings. We often have hung ours on hooks on either side of the wood stove in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ours are on hooks on the LR closet doors.

    ReplyDelete