Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Ten


Day Ten - Ways to make decorating easier, what's your trick?  Among the recent ideas that were mentioned in the Magical Holiday Home group are to use what's in your stash, buy new things to replace ones that are old or broken, take down current decor and replace it with holiday decor, and keep your decorations organized so it's easy to bring them out each year and put them away.

I am in love with this storage set-up, makes it easy if you have a Toteville in your garage or attic to have this color-coded Christmas arrangement.


I love these Snapware containers for ornaments.  Each tray has cardboard dividers that you can adjust depending on the size of the ornaments you are storing.  I haven't quite been able to bring myself to get rid of all of the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament boxes - they say the ornaments are worth more if they are in the original boxes but who am I kidding?  Like I'd ever sell any of them!


I think the best way to make decorating easier is to have a plan, knowing what's going to go where, and if you can store your decorations labeled by room, that's a huge help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment