Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Four


How to display pillows and throws - not sure what we were thinking about when we added this to the how to display section.  How does one display pillows and throws other than on a couch or a chair?  It will be interested to see what my fellow Christmas-lovers come up with for this one.

I usually put pillows on each side of the couch and have a throw draped over the back so that you can use it to cuddle under while we're watching a Christmas movie.  I found this photo from about ten years ago where I put a throw on our loveseat - those pillows are two that Mum stitched - she used to love to go to Wal Mart after Christmas and pick up all the Christmas fabric items on sale and spend the year making pillow covers, wall hangings, stockings, and cloth books.  The retirement home where Mum and Dad lived in England had a Christmas bazaar and her stall was amazing with all of the items she sewed.


If you've been following the Christmas in July list of topics, you'll see that I wasn't paying attention and switched days twenty-three and twenty-four!

Tomorrow is Christmas in July's biggest day, Rudolph Day.  I hope you'll join us!

4 comments:

  1. I love holiday pillows and throws. I agree with you, they're not that difficult to display: chairs, couches, beds. What is difficult is storing them the rest of the year. I don't like to store linens in my garage because of the intense summer heat (117 on my patio yesterday afternoon). And I don't really have a good place to store them inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have that problem too. We're fortunate that we have a spare bedroom for all of the totes of Christmas decorations.

      Delete
  2. Love seeing the pillows that your Mum stitched. I imagine that her stall at the Christmas bazaar was amazing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I drape over the couch too and add pillows everywhere

    ReplyDelete