Friday, July 27, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Twenty-Seven


Christmas in July Dinner, Breakfast, or Party, do you hold one?  Are for planning for or dreaming about one?

I'm definitely in the dreaming about one camp.  I would love to have a Christmas in July party, probably some kind of brunch with my fellow Christmas-lovers.  I think some sort of exchange would be fun but it can't really be Christmas-themed since you'd have a hard time finding Christmas-y items in July.  I'd probably go with a My Favorite Things party.  Everyone brings three items - all the same - something they love and would love to share with others.  Everyone spends a few minutes telling us about why the item is a favorite and then we draw numbers and the first person picks an item, then the second, then the third, and so on until all the items are gone.  Everyone goes home with three new items that were recommended by friends.

I've held a My Favorite Things party twice - the first one yielded fun items like metal drinking straws, a favorite eye shadow, coasters, candles, a mini tequila shots party in a bag, and gourmet candy apples among other things.  The second one was held in December and it was My Favorite Things, the Holiday Edition.  Items this time ranged from favorite Christmas movies, CDs, magazines, gourmet chocolates and other snacks, and wine.  Both parties were a lot of fun.

Here is the blog post by Sunny Side Up that inspired me to hold my first My Favorite Things party.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of that but sure looks like a great party! Love the Holiday edition :)

    ReplyDelete