Monday, July 30, 2018

Christmas in July 2018 - Day Thirty


Books and other reading material today.  I love Christmas magazines especially the British ones I find at Barnes and Noble.  We have a Christmas Eve family tradition - we go out to brunch and then to Barnes and Noble.  Everyone has a spending limit, say $25, and we each buy what we want - a book or magazines - and then after we pay for it all, we take it home in the Barnes and Noble bag and put it under the tree.  No-one gets to look at their choice until Christmas Day after we've had breakfast and opened presents.  Christmas Day is pretty much pajama day at our house so its nice to have some new DVDs and something to read, exactly what we each wanted to read, as we are relaxing.  These are some of my favorites.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Christms magazines and your tradition is just soooooo nice! I think I'll talk to the kids about this one, would be so nice for the day our guest leave.. that means Jan. 1st

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition that is, Pamela! I love Christmas magazines. It hurt, but I recently donated much of my stash.

    ReplyDelete