Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Currently - September 2019


Stop by over at Anne's In Residence to join in.  This month we're making, taking, discovering, consuming, and saving.

making // A weekend away plan for Vic's birthday.  We won't be able to take it for some time but the plans will all be in place.  We had such a wonderful time on our weekend away for his birthday in 2017 in Virginia that I'm searching for a place just as special here on the West Coast.

Our weekend away at the Williamsburg Winery was amazing!

taking // The weekends very easy.  Work seems to really take it out of me these days so I want to know that the weekends will be relatively errand and chore-free.  The only way to do that is to break the list into small segments and attack one a day.

discovering // That less is more as far as fall decorating goes.  I have so many decorations but have decided to streamline things this year.  I have embraced minimalism, except for books...and scrapbook supplies...and Christmas ornaments lol.

consuming // More pumpkin spice in all forms than a sane person should!


saving // Memories in a journal so that when I do get around to scrapbooking this year, I'll have a stack of notes handy to remind me of the who, what, when, where, and why.

6 comments:

  1. I agree that books simply can't be "minimalized"! I just love to read, although I've been in a slump this summer. Hope you and your hubby have the perfect get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Spice is so good! I'm so glad it's that time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a serious effort to go through my books and let some go this summer. It was hard, but the biggest surprise was that Dan let go of his entire Clive Cussler collection! Of course, we're already making a list of the books we want to look for at the VNSA book sale in February...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like the idea of journaling now so you can scrapbook better later!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to have a weekend away scheduled on your calendar - and even better if it's to a winery! And I love that idea of jotting down notes for when you're eventually ready to scrapbook. It's so easy to forget some of the little details when life flies by as it does.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think less is more when it comes to decorating. Especially if you move around a lot!

    ReplyDelete