Monday, September 9, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 9, 2019


Happy Monday!  It's time again to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday.

The weather:::

Mon
Showers
68°
55°
Tue
Showers
68°
54°
Wed
Mostly Cloudy
72°
54°
Thu
Mostly Cloudy
74°
56°
Fri
Showers
71°
55°
Sat
Showers
64°
52°
Sun
Showers
64°
52



On the breakfast plate this morning:::
It will be a cup of coffee at the office and that's probably it.  I'm not much of a breakfast eater that early in the morning.

Right now I am:::
Heading out to work and counting down the days until retirement!  LOL, seriously, I'm not wishing my life away.  I love my job and it's keeping me occupied while Vic is gone but I can't wait until he's home and I can return to being a Happy Homemaker full-time.

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, and Renew lotion.    

On my reading pile:::
Summer Hours by Amy Mason Doan

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Rewatching The Tudors on Netflix, Episode 2 of Season 10 of the Great British Baking Show - Biscuits, and a LOT of December Daily process videos.  Didn't get around to Falling Inn Love or any more Murder, She Wrote.

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show, Season 10, Episode 3
Falling Inn Love on Netflix 
Murder, She Wrote

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
Continuing on my exploration of my cookbook collection.

Monday
Skirt Steak with Chimichurri with Toasted Parmesan Zucchini 

Wednesday
Shrimp and Feta Baked Ziti

Friday 
Pork Tenderloin with Apricots, Fennel and Shallots with Potato Leek Gratin

On my to do list:::
Housework:::It's the living room this week on the Holiday Grand Plan.
Bedroom:::7 out of 7 for making the bed, yeah me!  It takes so little time and makes me smile to walk into the bedroom and see it looking so nice.
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita.
Budgeting

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finishing up my Project Life album, Week 44 of 2018, and moving on to Week 45.  My plan next year is to work on 2019 and 2020 simultaneously and to work on it faithfully every week so I don't get behind.

Looking forward to:::
Reclaiming the garage - the charity shop truck comes THIS WEEK!  I'm also going to the advance screening of the Downton Abbey movie - so excited!

        
Looking around the house:::
Loving the fall touches and the scent from my Spiced Apple Cider candle.    

From the camera:::
Sophia had a wonderful first week of student teaching and sent me this First Day photo!


What I'm wearing today:::
Standard work uniform - black pants, top, and cardigan.  Today it's a burgundy top and cardigan.  

Thinking about:::
Military pay.  We are going into our third month of not receiving our housing allowance.  I'm very thankful that we have savings to draw from until the finance department gets this straightened out but it makes me think about young, junior families who might find themselves in the same situation.  I know there are agencies to provide our military families with emergency funds but that often creates a cycle of having money that needs to be paid back once things are back to normal.  It just reinforces the need for everyone to have an emergency fund.  No matter how little you can put into it, start one now and keep funding it.  You never know when you may need to draw from it.

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Enjoy the little things for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things. - Anonymous

Foremost on my mind right now, praying for a cure for cancer.  It seems like every week, I read about someone I know or a person in the news who has been diagnosed with or died from cancer.  It's such a dreadful disease.  Continuing to pray for the Bahamas and the East Coast areas that were hit by flooding or destructive winds.

6 comments:

  1. I like to have the bed made as well. Just makes things feel put together. Such a wonderful quote for the week. Hope they get the housing allowance figured out soon, that sounds like quite the headache. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - that is a great quote.
    Looks like alot of rain in your corner of the world this week - I find rainy days relaxing.
    What a beautiful picture of Sophia - very happy she enjoyed her 1st week.
    I always make my bed as soon as I get up - just makes the house feel tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about cancer. I think the older we get, the more that terrible disease touches our lives. Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky duck, I can't wait to see the Downtown Abbey movie :)

    Sophia looks so pretty, good luck to her on her new ventures.

    I couldn't agree more on your cancer thoughts, we have lost so many family members lately to this awful disease.

    Have a wonderful week Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quote! Hope they get the housing allowance situation figured out soon and, yes! Having an emergency fund is definitely a wise idea! Have a great rest of the week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Friend!
    I'm with you - need a cure for cancer and alzheimers too! Both seem to be out there far too much. 🙏
    Love your quote. And your Gal looks so pretty and happy to be at her student teaching position. ♥️
    I can't wait to see the Downton Abbey movie! You know it's going to be SO good! And a Gal after my own heart. I make the bed each day as soon as I get up 😊
    Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete