Monday, September 2, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 2, 2019


I have missed joining in with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday.

The weather:::
Mon
Mostly Sunny
76°
55°
Tue
Mostly Sunny
80°
57°
Wed
Partly Cloudy
77°
56°
Thu
Partly Cloudy
79°
57°
Fri
Partly Cloudy
76°
57°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
76°
55°
Sun
Partly Cloudy
74°
56°



On the breakfast plate this morning:::
A cup of tea and a slice of Marbled Chocolate Brioche.  I have to find a recipe and make this bread.



Right now I am:::
No work today because it is Labor Day so I'm enjoying some December Daily videos on You Tube.  I decided to shop my stash rather than buying a lot of the new products so I'm looking for inspiration.

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, and Renew lotion.    

On my reading pile:::
The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Added Hallmark Movies Now to my Amazon channels so I've been taking a trip down memory lane with Murder, She Wrote.

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show (the new season,  Season 10,  airs on Tuesdays in the UK and Friday here on Netflix)
Falling Inn Love on Netflix 
Murder, She Wrote

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
Decided to try some new recipes from my collection of cookbooks, cooking Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with leftovers in between.

Monday
Mustard-Roasted Cornish Hens, Wild Rice Pilaf, Roasted Asparagus 

Wednesday
Garlic Shrimp Penne with Cilantro Cream

Friday 
Thai Chicken with Coconut Rice 

On my to do list:::
Housework:::Following the Holiday Grand Plan so it's Porch/Lists Week.  Front porch is pretty easy - sweep down any cobwebs, shake out mat, sweep stairs.
Bedroom:::Remember to make the bed EVERY morning - makes the room look so nice.
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita.
Budgeting

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I'm working on my Project Life album, Week 44 of 2018 and ordering a few items from the December Daily launch which is Thursday, September 5.  Not sure what stories I will be telling this year since it's another non-traditional holiday with Vic and Sophia probably not making an appearance until December 23.

Looking forward to:::
Reclaiming the garage - less than two weeks to go before the charity shop truck arrives and takes away all the things we should have decluttered before we left Virginia.           

Looking around the house:::
Clean and tidy, I'm really embracing the minimalist lifestyle and that's something I never thought I would say.  Living without a lot of our things for over six months made me realize that they are just things...to move around, to dust, to see as clutter.  I'm loving the clean, uncluttered look and blessing others with our donated items.    

From the camera:::
I toyed with the idea of getting a Happy Everything plate that several bloggers have featured in their decorating but I decided to go with a Nora Fleming napkin holder.  It's small, functional, and can easily and inexpensively be decorated for every season and holiday.  September is an apple for Back to School.



What I'm wearing today:::
Capris and a long-sleeved shirt.  

Thinking about:::
Home improvement projects - what to do first - they are all wants, no needs as we were fortunate to find one of those houses that did not require any major overhauling.  I am also making a very short honey-do list for Vic, just a few things I cannot manage on my own, but not too many that he spends all of his leave doing things around the house.

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. - John 1:12-13 NIV

Praying for Sophia as she starts her student teaching and for all those returning (or who have just returned) to school.


6 comments:

  1. Morning Pam!
    Will be thinking of Sophia and I'm sure she will do great. I have not hear of the Happy Everything plate or seen the Nora Fleming napking holder before. will look both of these up. Your house will look so good for Christmas with all the decluttering you are doing and the decorating! TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute napkin holder! I always think of apples as representing September, too! Blessings for a lovely week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love my Happy Everything plate, but the napkin holder might even be more useful! Hope S has a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to "see" you back in the Happy Homemaker Monday loop! Love the idea of decorating the napkin holder seasonally. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That napkin holder is too cute!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to read about your week, LOVE the napkin holder!

    ReplyDelete