Monday, September 30, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 30, 2019


Happy Monday!  It's time again to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday  Where did September go?

The weather:::


Mon
Sunny
61°
40°
Tue
Sunny
63°
43°
Wed
Cloudy
57°
47°
Thu
Showers
59°
46°
Fri
Scattered Showers
62°
48°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
60°
49°
Sun
Partly Cloudy
62°
49°



On the breakfast plate this morning:::
Giving intermittent fasting a try by skipping breakfast.  It used to be that breakfast was the most important meal of the day but now fasting has shown to be beneficial to your health - sixteen hours is recommended so I'm trying 6:00pm in the evening to noon the following day.  My sister recommended The Science of Fasting on Netflix. 

Right now I am:::
Finishing this post so I can add it to the link and then go back to bed for a little while.

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, Renew lotion, and a coconut/jasmine candle, not to burn, just for the scent.    

On my reading pile:::
Finished both of my library books and I have another waiting to be picked up so in the meantime, I'm shopping my bookshelves and found another Sisterchicks book that I appear not to have read, Sisterchicks in Sombreros by Robin Jones Gunn.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Poldark, Season 4 in preparation for the final season, Episode 5 of Season 10 of the Great British Baking Show - 1920s - very interesting to see what foods/food trends began in the 1920s.

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show, Season 10, Episode 6
Call the Midwife (looks like a new season on Netflix but I haven't investigated it yet)

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
Starting the Whole 30 with my sister and brother-in-law.  Made shepherd's pie for lunches - yes, I know it was on the menu for last week but I never get tired of it.  Need to go through my Whole 30 collection of cookbooks to try something new but didn't decide to take the plunge until I talked to my sister early Sunday morning.

On my to do list:::
Housework:::It's the master bathroom this week on the Holiday Grand Plan.
Bedroom:::Still doing well on making the bed.  With the drop in temperatures, just the blanket wasn't enough so it's time for the flannel sheets - so cozy!
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita - did my weekly dishwasher load, run, and unload on Friday night/Saturday morning.
Still working on budgeting - finally got all of our unpaid housing allowance so it's time to replenish funds and amend the income/expenses going forward.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Zero accomplished although more December supplies arrived.

Looking forward to:::
A successful Whole 30 - we can do it, we can do it, we can do it!

Looking around the house:::
Looks good, keeping up every day helps so much.  I call it my Tackle It in 20 - 20 minutes dedicated to one task.   

From the camera:::


Saw these colored loops out of the corner of my eye at Joann and thought "They look like Fruit Loops" - I guess the manufacturer thought the same when they gave the yarn its name.  No needles, no hooks, all hands sounded intriguing but there weren't any instructions on the package.

What I'm wearing today:::
Nightgown and fleece robe.  Woke up with a terrible headache and called in sick to work.  This may or may not be what I wear all day and perhaps that's just what I need (see below). 

Thinking about:::
Life after Okinawa.  It's not looking good for Vic to get orders to Washington and I'm just sick about another separation.  I know it's still quite some time away but these things are planned so far in advance.  It was suggested that he go to Guam next - uh no, just no, absolutely NO.  Somewhere in the continental United States other than Washington it will be then but since he turned down Guam, it will more than likely be a "you will go here" option rather than a choice.  No doubt all of this has contributed to my massive headaches over the last week.  

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Don't panic.  I'm with you.  There's no need to fear for I'm your God.  I'll give you strength.  I'll help you.  I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. - Isaiah 41:10 from The Message

Praying for something to change in the scheduling for Vic's next orders.  Continuing to pray for Sophia as she enters the second month of her student teaching and for family members and friends coping with illness.

8 comments:

  1. Pamela, I am joining you in praying for Vic's orders to be altered to fit with your future plans. Love that verse! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it is so good to read your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, when you turn down an option then it's take what you get. I'm impressed you had the fortitude to say no to Guam, good for you!! We just noticed we can get the GBBS on youtube and are catching up. I love it so much, and those two hosts are hilarious together. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela, isn’t GBBO the best? I didn’t want to like it after they dropped Mary Berry but Pru, Noel and Sandy are great. Thank you for signing my blog. Have you used looped yarn before? Is it hard? I’ve been curious but haven’t gone looking for it as yet. Lastly, I’m happy for Princess Bea, I hope she has chosen wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My body has always "naturally" gravitated to the diet you're trying. I've just never been a breakfast eater and usually had my first food around 10:30am even when my shift started at 6 or 7 AM and I loved it. I hope it works for you. Keeping you in my prayers that hubby's assignment aligns with your family needs! I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo that yarn does look like Fruit Loops. It would be fun to work with! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better today. So what will you make with the Fruit Loops yarn? Looks fun and soft. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pam! so sorry to here about Vic's upcoming posting.
    intermittent fasting - I've been reading on that too, Wonder if it would help with my tummy problems.
    Yummy looking yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you lovely ladies on here keep talking about the GBBS so I finally started with Season One and am working my way though (am in the middle of Season Two right now). I had seen a few episodes of it here and there at my daughters but am really enjoying the full seasons! Blessings for a great week ahead! 💗

    ReplyDelete