Monday, September 16, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - September 16, 2019


Happy Monday!  It's time again to join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom's Happy Homemaker Monday.

The weather:::
Mon
Partly Cloudy
67°
54°
Tue
Showers
61°
53°
Wed
Scattered Showers
67°
49°
Thu
Partly Cloudy
70°
54°
Fri
Mostly Cloudy
67°
54°
Sat
Partly Cloudy
69°
52°
Sun
Showers
68°
54


On the breakfast plate this morning:::
Coffee and a chocolate chip cookie - I completely forgot to make muffins this weekend.

Right now I am:::
Off to work in the pitch black - it seems like daylight early in the morning just disappeared about a week ago.  Thankful for the super powerful mini-flashlight Vic picked up for me, wouldn't want to trip over a rabbit on my way to the bus stop!

On my bedside table:::
My water, diffuser, and Renew lotion.    

On my reading pile:::
Waiting for my trip to the library on Wednesday to pick up whatever hold books have come in.

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Falling Inn Love (so cute!), Episode 3 of Season 10 of the Great British Baking Show - Bread, and a couple of episodes of Murder, She Wrote.

On my TV this week:::

TV: 
Great British Baking Show, Season 10, Episode 4
The Last Czars (I think I've watched it before but I can't remember)
Added Britbox and Acorn to my Amazon channels so I'm sure I'll be watching something British 

You Tube:
December Daily
Caroline (Mrs. M)
Pretty Neat Living

On the menu for this week:::
After a Downton Abbey loaded week, I'm toying with the idea of having a Christmas Afternoon Tea and Ornament Exchange with friends so I'm going to experiment with a variety of mini-quiches and teatime delicacies.  They'll make great dinners.  Haven't picked out the contenders for this week so I'll let you know next week what I tried.

On my to do list:::
Housework:::It's the entryway/foyer this week on the Holiday Grand Plan.
Bedroom:::5 out of 7 for making the bed, slept later than usual two mornings last week so I was racing to get out the door.
Kitchen:::Wipe counters, top up the Brita - my kitchen is very low-maintenance during the week since I use the weekend to load and then unload the dishwasher and keep everything tidy.
Budgeting for Christmas - planning a weekend away and my usual craft fair excursions.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finished up Project Life 2018 Week 45 - on to Week 46 which was the first part of our trip from Virginia to Washington.

Looking forward to:::
Organizing the garage is on the agenda for the upcoming weekend.  All the excess furniture is gone so it's time to get busy with what's left.  When I unpacked the boxes from the move, everything went onto shelving units as a temporary measure.  Now those shelving units need to be decluttered and organized.  Really looking forward to being able to put the car in the garage.

Looking around the house:::
My soy Pumpkin Spice candles arrived in the mail as well as my soy wax for my warmer.  I added some drops of Autumn Harvest essential oil and it smells lovely.    

From the camera:::
Lots of lovely Downton Abbey tea tins to add to my collection.  There was a fun event at World Market this weekend with lots of new items.




What I'm wearing today:::
Standard work uniform - black pants, top, and cardigan.  Today it's a black top and grey cardigan.  It's time to break out the rain jacket too.  

Thinking about:::
Christmas.  There are lots of events popping up on Facebook already - craft fairs, tree lighting ceremonies, community activities.  This is our first year in our new town so I'm anxious to see what seasonal events there will be.  

Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 
Take time to sit and watch the leaves turn - Elizabeth Lawrence

Praying for charitable organizations that help those in need during the holidays with food baskets and shelter options.  As the holiday decorations come out and people begin to think about shopping and gathering with family, it's a difficult time for those who are unemployed or disconnected from their families not to mention those who live on the streets.  Give and give generously to organizations that you know will help those in need.

12 comments:

  1. Would love to have your cooler temps right now, even the rain would be a nice reprieve from the heat! I can not WAIT for Downton Abbey this week! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your breakfast sounds yummy! I love going to World Market, such a fun place. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO< I was loving your post until I got to the organizing the garage part... that sounds too much like real life.. from one anglophile to another, I really love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip cookie for breakfast?! I like it :)
    I want to see the Downton Abbey movie too, love the tin-tea boxes and I think a Christmas tea is a wonderful idea. Wish I had people around here who would love that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon! It was awesome dropping by! Your organizing your kitchen and I am organizing my kitchen cabinets today! The declutter bug must be going around! Downton Abby tea sounds devine! I love a good tea party!I hope you have a wonderful week! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas Teas are so much fun!! Love pumpkin spice candles! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to Downton Abbey, and really want to go look at World Market to see their products. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Downton Abbey loaded week sounds wonderful! I love the idea of a Christmas Tea and Ornament Exchange and I appreciate you thinking about and praying over charitable organizations ahead of time for the upcoming holiday season. Amen! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss having a World Market nearby, love that store. Your tea tins are gorgeous.

    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how much Christmas is creeping up already everywhere. I'm trying to savor every second of Fall yet. My absolute favorite season ever!
    Your Downton Abbey tins are just lovely! I'm SO excited to see the movie. I think I may go this weekend. I imagine it's a big one on your list too? 😉
    Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm running so late this week! I LOVE, LOVE your inspiration! Personally, I'm so glad FALL is here! Have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete