Thursday, September 26, 2019

Thankful, Grateful, Blessed #5



I am thankful for the rain.  Contrary to popular belief, it does not rain ALL the time in Washington and it hasn't rained for quite some time hence all the brown yards around here.  Yes, we do get more than our fair share of rain but we're used to it and it makes everything so green and lush.  People don't carry umbrellas in Washington because with rain comes a bit of wind at times so investing in a good rain jacket with a hood is a better option.

We've had some rain in the past few days and I love it.  I love waking up to the sound of it on the window, smelling how fresh everything seems after it rains, and I still love a good puddle.

You'll never hear me say rain, rain, go away.  My Mum loved the rain as well and her brother always used to tease us and say that we must have been ducks in a prior life!  Rainy days always make me think of Mum and I can hear her say, "Isn't it lovely?  Put the kettle on, love, and we'll have a pot of tea."

1 comment:

  1. I love rain! We've actually had a little bit of rain here in the desert every day for the past five days. It is unheard of and we've enjoyed it immensely!

    ReplyDelete