Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Currently - September 2020

 

Stop by over at Anne's In Residence to join in.  This month we're appreciating, anticipating, collecting, starting, and finishing.

appreciating // Although there are (many) days when I groan when the alarm goes off at 4:00am, I truly appreciate my, and Vic's, employment status.  We'll never be rich but we are comfortable and that cannot be said for so many during this pandemic.  Even with the stimulus checks, the pandemic unemployment assistance, moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures, there are still many, many people struggling.

anticipating // The next chapter in Vic's career.  As this post goes up, he will be putting an oak leaf on his collar, the symbol of his new rank.  I am so proud of all that he has achieved.  I don't think that this change will bring us together any faster but I see more great things ahead for him.

collecting // Ideas for family fun as soon as we are all back together again and some sense of normalcy returns.  Even a trip to the movies would be something to look forward to right now.

starting // My wish list - December Daily products go on sale on Thursday.  If you'd like a fun project to preserve all the memories of this December, no doubt a holiday season unlike one many of us have ever known, check out December Daily here.


8 comments:

  1. I've been hearing rumblings about movie theaters opening back up soon. Not sure I'm quite ready to do that, but the idea of sounds so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I'll be IN a movie theater for awhile yet, but I am looking around to see what events are happening near me that I feel comfortable going to. It'll be nice to do something a bit more "normal."

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Movie theaters open up here on Friday. Kids should be able to go back to school (if the school districts will let them) next week.
    The words for September are very thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again on Vic's promotion. I am so thankful that Michael's job is stable for now, although the oil industry is struggling right now. There are so many businesses and jobs that have been lost. I can't wait to read that book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the promotion! That's always a great day :) We've done promotions while deployed...it is what it is, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your husband and his promotion!! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added that book to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen this December Daily before, but what a fun idea. And congrats to your husband on the new rank, and also to you for what I'm sure is plenty of behind-the-scenes support at home!

    ReplyDelete