Thursday, September 24, 2020

Monthly Musings: Fall and Halloween Edition

I'm joining Holly and Patty via Tanya at The Other Side of the Road for Monthly Musings:  Fall and Halloween Edition.  I'm a little late since it's Thursday evening here but I hope you'll enjoy.

1.  Favorite Fall Tradition?

I need a new fall tradition.  When Sophia was little, I would say a trip to the pumpkin patch or an apple orchard was an annual event so that became a tradition.  Now that we're empty nesters, I'd have to say that some form of outing, a drive to take in the local sights and a stop for lunch will become a tradition as soon as Vic is home again.

2.  Favorite Halloween Tradition?

Watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.  You're never too old for Charlie Brown.
 

3.  What Will Halloween Look Like This Year for You and Your Family?

We'll be connected by FaceTime and as soon as I've greeted my two trick or treaters (the little boys down the street) from a social distance, I will drag out my Christmas tree.  Decorating early makes you happier and I intend to embrace every moment of it.

4.  Share Your Favorite Fall Recipe.

Several years ago, I tracked down the Peanuts Cook Book that was published in 1969.  It was one of the books I bought in elementary school at the Scholastic Book Fair and it contains one of my favorite cookie recipes, Great Pumpkin Cookies.  I purchased Pumpkin Chocolate Walnut Cookies from our gourmet grocery store last year so I am going to tweak the Peanuts recipe (it calls for raisins and pecans) to try to come up with my own pumpkin chocolate walnut version.


5.  Fall Fashion Fashion Staples?

That would have to be my new cardigan, featured in yesterday's post.

6.  Favorite Halloween Costume?


Sophia's second Halloween.  Mum sewed a tail (you can just see the white tip peeking out from behind her left left) onto a black unitard and the ears (on a headband), and a little eye pencil look care of the whiskers.  How adorable is this?

7.  Favorite Halloween Candy?
8.  Favorite Family Halloween Movie?

Sophia introduced me to Hocus Pocus and I'm hooked.  Can't wait for Hocus Pocus 2.


9.  Scary Movies?  Yes or NO!

I'd have to say NO!

10.  Favorite Fall Beverage?

The one, the only, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sophia was precious- I am sure she still is but so so adorable and her costume was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When does Hocus Pocus 2 come out? I must have missed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Hocus Pocus and this link up is making me think I need to remedy that STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I love that you are going to decorate your tree right away!

    Second, I would have to say that Hocus Pocus is a run away favorite of this link up!

    Thanks for joining us!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute picture of Sophia!! I should write down these prompts for my Fall journal

    ReplyDelete