Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Let's Look At...


Joining Mix and Match Mama and A Little Bit of Everything Blog for their monthly feature, Let's Look At...

Your school pics, would that be mine?  Or the pics of the members of our household who headed off to school last week?  Well, we can do both.


This is the first school photo I have - 1st grade.  Dad went to Vietnam in the autumn of 1966 and moved us (Mum, me, and my eight-month old sister, Barbara) to Chico, California close to his family.  That sounds like a great set-up, yes?  Well, it didn't quite turn out that way.  I never did find out exactly what caused the rift between Mum and her in-laws but suffice to say, we didn't stay in Chico for very long.  It was long enough, however, for me to be at Sierra View Elementary School for picture day.

I'm missing school pictures of any kind (individual or class photos) for 2nd grade.  I was in two schools (one in San Jose, California, where we moved when we left Chico, and the other in Belgium).  I must have missed picture day at both places.  I can't find an individual photo for 3rd grade but I do have the class photo.  For individual photos, I'll share these gems.


4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grade - wow, look at my hair!  I'd been called it all by this stage - Red, Ginger Top, Carrots - and threatened to use all manner of substances to get rid of the red (idle threats as I never had the nerve to attempt anything) but I'm happy to say that my hair now has some silver mixed in with the gold and I'm perfectly fine with it.

As far as a school picture for the other person in our household, here is Sophia's first day of school...her first as the teacher, not a student!


I love that the school made maskless photos for each teacher so the students could see their faces.

4 comments:

  1. Cute photos- you actually didn't seem to change a whole lot from year to year.

    I love that they have mask-less photos too! I think my son's school is supposed to be getting student ID's for all the kids made (slowly, but surely) and I like to think that they can see each other without masks in those photos at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet school pictures of you! Been out of town so just now catching up on blog reading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were so cute, and really still look just like you did then. Great idea to have the picture name tag for teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved redheads...wished I was one...wished my children would be...tried to matchmake my daughter with one so my grandchildren would be. LOL

    ReplyDelete