Thursday, September 10, 2020

Happy Fall, Y'all

I know it's not fall until September 22 but in our house, it starts on September 1.  It's time to bring out the decor, look forward to shorter days, and think all things pumpkin.  Welcome to our home!


I put this front door decoration together many years ago - I think it's been hanging on our front door since Rhode Island and that's at least five houses ago.  I can't believe it survived that many moves.


The mantle is our focal point - the three pumpkins on the left are from Home Interiors, does anyone remember them?  My MilSpouse friends and I went through a round of Home Interiors parties one year and these pumpkins are one of my favorite purchases.  They have an opening in the back for a tealight.  The three candles on the wrought iron holder are from Luminara, they are battery-operated and flicker very realistically.  The three wooden signs are from the Etsy shop, Lacy Belles, and the felted ball garland is from The Fickle Felt Tree, also on Etsy.  I thought about adding some leaf garland but it was a little too much.  Maybe I need something harvest plant-like instead of the pineapple hurricanes on each end, I'll have to look.


The coffee table is decorated with two Autumn Harvest placemats from Longaberger, topped with three wrought iron leaf platforms for candles and I've added a berry candle wreath around each candle.  That's the Lindor Autumn Harvest truffle collection in the basket in the bottom right.


This is my two-tier server on the kitchen peninsula - it's filled mostly with items from Lacy Belles (the Farm Fresh Pumpkins crate, wood signs, wooden rolling pins, the book stack, and the wooden bead garland).  I added a scarecrow and a few leaf and pumpkin picks.  You can just see the Rae Dunn "Pumpkin Spice" behind the scarecrow, it's filled with tiny pumpkins.

And finally, the trio that has been with us since Sophia was a toddler - Mummy, Daddy, and Baby Sophie, with Mr. Scarecrow photo-bombing in the background!


Just remembered, new pillows are coming.  Loved the design, our couch cushions have a thin turquoise strip and I have a throw to match so I thought these would be a nice complement.  Pottery Barn, on sale and free shipping.

4 comments:

  1. Great decor! I've decorated for Fall too. Now if the temps would just go down a little...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been SO hot, I haven't even thought of decorating...BUT...today was in the 60s. BLISS! So maybe I'll set out some fall decs this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love fall decor. What a great pillow!

    ReplyDelete