Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 387

From this Side of the Pond
Check out this week's Hodgepodge here and join us!

1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 

I love everything about fall but if I had to pick one thing, it would be fall foliage.  This is the time I really miss living in New England.  Something I don't, falling back, getting up, and walking to the bus when it is pitch black outside!

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite? Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? Will you? 

I love the bright orange of the leaves and pumpkins.  I'll have to do a little research to see if I can find a place with leaves in all their glory.  We are, after all, living in the Evergreen State!

3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 

A weekly trip to Barnes and Noble.  Whether it's the two of us, the three of us, or just me, we would always head to Barnes and Noble, pick up a drink from the cafe, and then browse through the books and magazines.  It was pretty much a weekend afternoon activity.  I can't remember the last time I went to Barnes and Noble since COVID-19 reared its ugly head.

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, v-neck, or zip up hoodie? 

A cardigan.  I recently discovered Barefoot Dreams Cozy Chic Lite Circle cardigan and I love it.  So soft and cozy.


5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 

Embrace it.  Change was my word of the year in 2018 and my goodness, what a lot of changes we went through.  It was closely followed by my 2019 word, Adapt.  We can do this!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

The Great British Baking Show returns to Netflix this Friday!!!!  Check out the trailer here.

9 comments:

  1. Fun post! We live in the desert so IF we get Fall it occurs in February for about a week if the night time temps drop low enough. Flagstaff is two hours away and they definitely get Fall, although we've never gone up there to see it. Maybe this year is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that bright orange is my favorite foliage hue, as well. Red comes a close second. I hope that you can find some autumn foliage to peek at! We've noticed when visiting out west that some neighborhoods tend to have a lot of non-native trees planted in the yards -- and thus, will have some pretty leaves. You might drive or walk around a few neighborhoods and see what you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You came up with a great list of things that aren't the best in autumn. I had a hard time with that question. Change and Adapt are both great words of the year. That cardigan looks real comfy. Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covid has ruined so many things for all of us. Enjoy fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I think my word for 2021 will need to be Adapt or Embrace (change) as my life has changed so much since moving last month.
    That cardigan definitely looks cozy and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barnes & Noble....oh, how I, too, miss hanging out there. What a treat to pick a stack of books and camp out at a table in the café with one of their decadent hot chocolates. I'm finding it's the little things I miss not the big ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss B & N and especially the library! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cardigan does look so comfortable. I have a large snuggle-blanket jacket that I wear often at night when we go to Northern Indiana for Christmas. It is my go-to warmer upper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter and I are hooked on the Great British Baking Show. We especially love the way they treat one another and help each other out. The Evergreen State may not have fall colors, but it does have plenty of natural beauty all year long. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete