Monday, September 28, 2020

Hello Monday

The weather:::
After a couple of days of lovely refreshing rain, our temperatures are going up again, even up to 80 degrees on Wednesday.  No, no, no, it's fall!!

On my reading pile:::
Started reading The Little Village School, the first book in the Village School series by Gervase Phinn.  Oh my goodness, it is delightful.  Gervase Phinn is known as the James Herriot of Schools for his memoirs as a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales.  This new series tells the stories of the new head teacher, Elizabeth Devine, as she moves from a large, inner-city school to the charming village of Barton-in-the-Dale.


On my TV:::
Finished up Lark Rise to Candleford but haven't selected a new series to binge.  I'm working my way through some of our old favorites in our Amazon library.  Friday night was the first episode of the new series of The Great British Baking Show (The Great British Bake Off in the UK) on Netflix so that's something fun to look forward to at the end of each week for the next nine weeks.

Checked off the list:::
All is well at here at home and at the rental house.  Packages are showing up several times a week - assorted supplies for my December Daily project and Christmas presents I ordered.  I'm looking forward to Hallmark's Ornament Debut this weekend - my local store called me to schedule an appointment to pick up my ornaments as they are spreading everyone out over the debut period.  It's such a shame as the premiere event in July and this debut in October always drew a crowd and although we waited in the checkout line for quite some time, it was lovely to connect with fellow collectors and talk all things Christmas.  I would imagine that the majority of Hallmark's Christmas cards, wrap, and other items will be out so I can't wait to browse.

Crafts Roundup:::
Still working on #donebydecember on my 2018 album and finishing up some pages on past Creative Memories Christmas albums.  I had a few cards tucked here and there as well as some e-mails to print out to include in some of the older albums.  I also needed to make legends for these albums.  I include a legend (a list of the card senders and how we know them) in each album so that in later years, we can remember the people who sent cards.

I added two cards and six e-mails to the 2003 album and was sad to see that there was one card from someone I don't remember and several whose last names escape me.

And in other news:::
Sorry to hear from my cousins in the UK that they are heading back into a lockdown due to increasing COVID-19 numbers and deaths.  Masks are mandatory in stores. public facilities, and on public transport as they are here.  Both of my cousins in the UK, one in Wales and one in the Birmingham area, are in their 70s so they have taken all precautions and recommendations very seriously.  Sadly, not all have done so and this is the result.  Our numbers here in western Washington, in our county in particular, are still increasing daily.  Only a few each day but I look forward to the day when the health officials report that there are no new cases.

On a lighter note, COVID humor keeps on coming - pardon the implied language!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been productive. That painted rock is completely appropriate especially with the implied language!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, Bert and Ernie nailed it! I'm excited to go to Hallmark this weekend also. My appointment is 2 pm on Friday. This will be the last batch of ornaments for me to pick up this year and I'm eager to get them home and wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! that is funny with Sesame street. Hello Monday in place of Happy Homemaker Monday? You do know you are the one who led me to HHM, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just found that I didn't always relate to some of the categories in HHM. I moved to my own Life Last Week for a while and then found Hello Monday so I combined the two.

      Delete