Monday, March 29, 2021

Hello Monday

     

The weather:::
Windy and rainy yesterday and partly cloudy days ahead for the week.  Temperatures back in the mid-50s all week with more rain coming for the weekend.

On my reading pile:::
Taking a little break from the Sisterchicks series to pick up where I left off with Cathy Woodman's tales from Talyton St. George.  Book three is The Sweetest Thing, the story of newly-divorced, former suburban-dweller Jennie Copeland who moves to a ramshackle house in the country to start a new cake-baking business and an idyllic life with her three children, a dog, a horse, and chickens.  But life in the country is not quite as idyllic as she'd hoped. 


On my TV:::
I'm amazed at what you can find on You Tube.  Last week I worked my way through the Kent Family Chronicles, a three-part mini series from the 1970s, based on John Jakes' books.


Checked off the list:::
Daisy, my iRobot Roomba, is up and running.  Oh my goodness, so easy to set up and I'm loving her!  She's busy learning the layout of the house.  I watched the video of my Mum's cousin's wife's funeral service (see what COVID has brought us to) which was lovely and the family put together an amazing tribute to her life from which I learned a lot of things I didn't know about her.  I worked four hours of overtime getting 300 people scheduled for their 1st dose of COVID shots last week, what an adventure that was, and knocked out a few getting ready for the house sale tasks - all paperwork is submitted to the property manager/realtor, and pest control notified that we're going on a month to month basis with the same for the home warranty.  I'm sad and excited at the same time.  I think Vic and I thought that we might eventually return to our little cottage for retirement but we're established here and there's no chance Sophia would want to move from the West Coast to the East and I can't imagine being that far away from her.  I am looking forward to not being a landlord any longer.


I loved the way the the house looked at Christmas - I'll even miss the snow!

Crafts Roundup:::
Packed up all of the December Daily supplies and moved my current project, the 2009 Family Album, onto the project table in the office.

And in other news:::
Time is just flying, I can't believe that it is April this week.  Vic is in ROM (restriction of movement - the Navy's term for quarantine) for ten days after one of his co-workers tested positive for COVID.  Sophia gets her 2nd dose on Wednesday, I hope it is uneventful for her.

3 comments:

  1. We got a roomba recently too and I just love how good of a job it is doing on our floors. I'm debating about buying one for our upstairs rooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet cottage, I'm sure you have many fond memories made there. I get my 2nd dose on Saturday. I am so impressed with the process at the State Farm Stadium site run by the State of Arizona. It is efficient, very user friendly. The volunteers and medical personnel are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cottage is so cute, and I hope the sales process goes smoothly! Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete