Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 412

  From this Side of the Pond

It's Wednesday so it's time for the Hodgepodge.  Click here to join in.

1.  Will you wear green?  Eat corned beef and cabbage?  Drink green beer?  Have you ever been to Ireland?  Is it on your travel bucket list?

I have a green scarf with a shamrock design, thank you for the reminder, I will add that to my outfit today.  Yes, I will be eating corned beef and cabbage, but no on the green beer.  I have, however, been admiring friends’ photos of the green river in downtown Chicago.  I have flown through Shannon Airport in Ireland, does that count?  Yes, Ireland most definitely is on my travel bucket list.  I have been saving a ten day driving tour of Ireland itinerary for years.

2.  Something you think is “worth its weight in gold”? 

I suppose I should say something really profound or spiritual but when I looked up the definition of the term, one of its meanings is something like is so useful, helpful, or valuable that you feel you could not manage without it.  It also applies to someone who falls into the same category.  This time last year, I would have said toilet paper!  Now, how about allergy medicine, I would certainly not be able to manage without it in the  spring with everything in bloom! 

3.  Something that makes you “green around the gills”?

Vic has eaten a Philippine condiment called Bagoóng which is partially or completely made of either fermented fish or krill or shrimp paste with salt.  I call it cat food because it smells THAT BAD.  I’m all about experimenting with regional dishes but this is one I cannot stand.  Note I say “Vic has eaten” because bless him, he doesn’t eat it whenever I am around!

4.  What puts a “spring in your step” these days? 

Our governor’s plan to move us to Phase 3 on March 22.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting much brighter.

5.  Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme – March, St. Patrick’s Day, COVID, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green or life lately.  Yes, you can do it.

We’re all looking back on last year,
Just how we survived is unclear,
Better times are ahead,
No shortages to dread,
And soon we will be of good cheer! 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Missing my favorite leprechaun - Newport, Rhode Island 2010

4 comments:

  1. I like your limerick : ) I feel ya on the spring allergies. We've had a lot of rain this week and I'm hoping it has knocked some of the pollen to the ground. Still a lot to bloom though! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great limerick! Vic makes a cute leprechaun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your limerick and your favorite leprechaun.
    I agree that allergy meds are worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete