Monday, March 8, 2021

Hello Monday

    

The weather:::
Another partly cloudy week but when the sun comes out, it is glorious.  It's rainy today but that's not putting a damper (excuse the pun) on the hundreds of people who are waiting in the parking lots* for the USS NIMITZ as it returns to its homeport after almost a year at sea.  Welcome home and thank you for your service!

*Families are assigned a parking lot and their sailor will find them - it's a COVID homecoming but never mind, their sailors were back in their arms without too much of a delay. 


On my reading pile:::
Finished up Sisterchicks Down Under by Robin Jones Gunn and The Kommandant's Girl which was excellent but really left you hanging at the end.  Hoping that another book will continue the story.  

On my TV:::
Winds of War on YouTube, another season of the Bake Off, not much else although I am really excited about this, coming April 4.

.
Checked off the list:::
Finally found an Easter tree - I was looking for a white, bare branches tree so I could hang all the Easter ornaments I collected when Hallmark was issuing them in the late 1990s-early 2000s.  Could I find one anywhere?  No.  I finally ordered one from Amazon.  It had lights but that was ok but when it came, the lights didn't work so back it went.  Continued my search yesterday and the cashier at Joann's said they had them but were all out, why didn't I check online?  I did and they had two at my local store!  I ran right over there and grabbed one but when I got to the checkout, it was $50 because the $25 price was only online!  So, I put it back, went out to my car, placed an online order, waited a few minutes, went back into the store, and bought it for the cheaper price!

One of the places I checked was Hallmark - they didn't have one but I did score these two gems, retail price $38.12 but since both were 90% off and I had a $3.00 reward certificate, my total cost was 82 cents.


My local Hallmark also restocked their Nora minis selection.  I love Santa and Mrs. Claus on the bottom tier.


Crafts Roundup:::
Another nothing new week, need to find some motivation to do something.

And in other news:::
My Pottery Barn rabbits arrived - I have tulips to go in the medium-sized one, that's the one on the right but I need to think about what to put in the large one (the one shown with the pink flowers).


Also in the mail, heart-shaped plates and bowls from Sur La Table (looks like they are all sold out now).

After last week's lack of photos, I certainly made up for it this week!

Against my better judgement, because that's two hours of my life I'll never get back, I watched Oprah's interview with Meghan and Harry.  I need to think a little more about it, more to come tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. The rabbits are an awesome find, you can do so much with them. I need to check out that Masterpiece show... on PBS, right? The part of me that always enjoys seeing a good car crash at the Indy 500 (yes, I just admitted that) wanted to watch the Oprah show, but sanity won out and I didn't watch it. Obviously I don't know this couple, but they seem opportunistic and narcissistic and arrogant to me. If they want out of the "Firm", get out and shut up about it. Too harsh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a white Easter tree like that, but I think somewhere along the line, probably when we moved across the US, it got lost or ruined. Love your Hallmark finds, and LOVE those PB rabbits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little rabbits are adorable, and I love your heart plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an incredible bargain on the ornament items at Hallmark! I only watched clips of the Oprah interview and that was enough! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are getting wonderful stuff by the mail (of course, you chose and ordered them ;) ). I'm wondering how tall is your white tree? I have one like that but it must be at least 5 to 6 feet (no good with measures). I'd like a small one. You scored!!! 90% off, I think that happened to me once!

    ReplyDelete