Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge - Volume 414

   From this Side of the Pond

It's Wednesday so it's time for the Hodgepodge.  Click here to join in.

1. The Hodgepodge lands on the last day of March...in ten words or lest bid the month adieu.

Vaccinations are in full swing, let's kick COVID to the curb!

2. March 31st is National Tater Day...your favorite way to have a potato? Given a choice would you opt for sweet, white, or red? How often are potatoes on your menu in one form or another? Ever been to Idaho? If not, is that a state you'd like to visit someday?

I LOVE white and red potatoes but I'm not so crazy about sweet potatoes.  We eat a lot of potatoes because they are allowed on the Whole 30 - it's great to have a protein, vegetables, and a side of roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary.  I've been through Idaho and I'd love to go back to Coeur D'Alene because it looks so beautiful.

3. Last time someone or something 'rained on your parade'? Explain.

That would have to be the COVID travel restrictions that prevented Vic from coming home for Christmas. 

4. Put all your eggs in one basket, get cracking, nest egg, bad egg, good egg, egg on, have egg on your face, or walk on eggshells...choose a phrase from the list that applies to something in your life currently and tell us how or why.

Get cracking with a list of plans for July - Vic will be home and we're going to attack a to-do list around the house and have a couple of fun weekends away.  I can't wait.

5. If I visited your home would I find a lot of baskets there? Something you like to keep in a basket?

I have a LOT Of baskets - Longaberger was a minor addiction while I was in Virginia.  Two of my good friends introduced me to their great baskets and I use them in every room in the house.  I store my hair dryer in one in the bathroom, bits and pieces by the side of the bed in another, we keep our keys in one inside the door, there are several in the office for stationary supplies, pens, and pencils, and I have collection in the living room for magazines.  Among my favorites are the baskets that are part of the hanging racks with rods where I display my holiday flags.


These long baskets above the mug rack are called cracker baskets.


A button basket with the Navy emblem - a gift for Vic for his commissioning and a place for his sunglasses and other bits and pieces


The hanging rack with rod for holiday flags and the bread basket - it needs some sort of greenery or floral embellishment in the basket
 

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Today would have been Mum and Dad's 65th wedding anniversary.  I know they are holding hands in heaven.


Paris, France, 1956

8 comments:

  1. So many people answered "get cracking"! Looks like we have a lot of motivated folks around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture of your parents. I have a few of those Longaberger baskets too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own any Longaberger baskets, but I live within a few miles of the HQ and its basket building.
    Sweet photo of your parents.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a few of the Longaberger too. I held on to a couple that I use in my pantry. They were a wonderful quality! That's a sweet picture of your parents. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a nice picture of your parents. My parents got married in 1953 and they are holding hands in heaven too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pic of your Mom and Dad. I have a lot of baskets too. Have a wonderful Easter, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet wedding photo. Your mom's suit looks very much like the one my mom wore on their wedding day in 1951. Lovely baskets. I have a few baskets from my mom/grandmother and a couple from our time in Panama but not many.

    ReplyDelete